My one-on-one long-range tutorial

Thanks, this is just what the doctor ordered for most of us older folks that have been primarily hunters for our whole life. Since the conditions that made hunting so much fun have basically disappeared over most of the country i.e., availability of game, places to hunt, and folks that are interested in hunting, etc., shooting at paper and steel is about all that we have left if one still likes to shoot.

Thanks, this is just what the doctor ordered for most of us older folks that have been primarily hunters for our whole life. Since the conditions that made hunting so much fun have basically disappeared over most of the country i.e., availability of game, places to hunt, and folks that are interested in hunting, etc., shooting at paper and steel is about all that we have left if one still likes to shoot.
Cheers man, it's a great way to keep and improve our rifle shooting skills. Thanks for watching!

I took my dad out to the desert and filmed myself teaching him to shoot long range. It's a pretty interesting video! I'm super proud of him. He did really well for a 70 year old guy with back problems. Check it out!

I met an older Man here at the sand pit where i shoot , he's 74 and just likes to come out and have someone to shoot with . Watching your video makes me feel good as i can now use some of the techniques to help us both .

Thanks for the video. As I am in the same era and medical problems of which your Dad is, this video is appreciated for same reason that Bingoc stated. Personally, it is great to get refreshed in our abilities and knowledge. I have always wished that when I was young and an avid hunter, I should have started my LR education! :)
Still hoping this old dog can learn a new trick!

Thanks for the video. As I am in the same era and medical problems of which your Dad is, this video is appreciated for same reason that Bingoc stated. Personally, it is great to get refreshed in our abilities and knowledge. I have always wished that when I was young and an avid hunter, I should have started my LR education! :)
Still hoping this old dog can learn a new trick!
Cheers man, thanks for watching and glad you enjoyed it. An old dog can definitely learn new tricks. If my dad wants to do it again, I might buy him one of those folding table/bench combos I saw at Bass Pro Shops. It would be a lot more comfortable for him, as maintaining the prone position is really difficult if a guy has neck pain.

Nicely done, Sir. I'm roughly the same age as your Dad and learning how to compensate for some of my physical limitations due to aging. It has been almost two years since I shot my Savage 110BA .338 Lapua Mag. Your video motivated me to get it out of the gun safe and take it to the range later today if I'm able to get a "kitchen pass" from my wife......ha ha.

Nicely done, Sir. I'm roughly the same age as your Dad and learning how to compensate for some of my physical limitations due to aging. It has been almost two years since I shot my Savage 110BA .338 Lapua Mag. Your video motivated me to get it out of the gun safe and take it to the range later today if I'm able to get a "kitchen pass" from my wife......ha ha.
Cheers man! Wow, that's a lot of rifle. To be honest, I'm not sure I could shoot a .338 LM without flinching, even at the age of 43. I'm about 180 lbs. Glad to hear I lit a fire under you to get it out into the field again!

Very cool sir, Very cool. Hope you guys had a good time and your Dad is willing to go out with you again and try that 1000 m shot. Time spent with family is precious. Good video and lots of great reminders.

Recent Posts