My next scope

Athlon makes a pretty good scope. I bought a Gen 1 Midas BTR and Ares BTR just to compare them against my Sightron SIII scopes. While they aren't equal to my Sightron's, they track well, the glass is good / not great, and I do like the reticle's better than the Sightron offerings. For the money, the Athlon's are a decent deal.
I also have an Athlon Cronus which is produced in Japan. It has been a fantastic scope, just like the Delta Stryker HD scope I have. Both made by LOW in Japan.
I'll say the Cronus & Styker are better scopes than my Steiner T5Xi which the MSRP was $1k more.

While I'd rather not buy Chinese produced goods, some of the scopes that they are producing are actually well made products for their price point.

I agree,it's hard to stop buying china made products.I have an american made motorola cell phone and it's about 1/2 the quality of the iphone my wife has.
Walk into any kitchen and try to find an appliance not made in china.Some are made in china and assembled in america while others are completely made over seas.While the U S is trying to break free from china on computer parts most parts are made either in china or phillipenes or somewhere else in that region.
Hard to break free from better prices.