My New Toy

HUAINAMACHERO

Congrats, nice rig. Are you planning to do immediate upgrades to it, or shoot it like that for a while?

Fitz

Congrats, nice rig. Are you planning to do immediate upgrades to it, or shoot it like that for a while?
I'm going to get it bedded, trigger job and put on a muzzle brake. After that, I'll see how it shoots and go from there.

I'm trying to figure out if I should just replace the stock and then have it bedded.

Suggestions?

Chas1

Congratulations. Nice rig, I hope she'll be a shooter once the mods are done...as far as the stock I can only say it seems to me that I read often that folks change the stocks out. Keep us posted on how it shoots.

HUAINAMACHERO

Try the first upgrades you mentioned, get some load development and see how it shoots, then modify if you need to. Good luck, keep us posted in the shooting results.

Kalashnikov

That laminated stock is a very comfortable and looks good IMO, and it should be very stable. I would definitely wring it out before considering a swap.

LewisH

The stock is probably ok, and worth bedding; but I'd worry about that Remy barrel (new or used).

Shoot some loads through it (on a lead sled or with a sand bag between rifle butt and shoulder) before you invest in a muzzle brake.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump: Remington barrels "are like a box of chocolates; you never know what yer gonna get." You might decide to replace it with a custom barrel.

MontanaRifleman

The stock is probably ok, and worth bedding; but I'd worry about that Remy barrel (new or used).

Shoot some loads through it (on a lead sled or with a sand bag between rifle butt and shoulder) before you invest in a muzzle brake.

To paraphrase Forrest Gump: Remington barrels "are like a box of chocolates; you never know what yer gonna get." You might decide to replace it with a custom barrel.
Plus one... very good advise.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce