My new rig

Oldschool280

Here she is, unfired sako 7mm remmag "friends of the NRA " edition, came with USA burris rings, have a cheap scope on it for now. Trigger is pretty **** good .I actually listed it on gunbroker for a three day auction just to see if i can double my money so it can pay for an stw build. If no one over there grabs it up i'm going to the range. I actually dont want it to sell but hey, i am on furlough. Bought a box of sst 139 superformance ammo to break it in. Bought a box of 162 eld-x bullets to start Tweaking and see what she'll do on my 450 yard plate.

Attachments

• IMG_1615.jpg
    IMG_1615.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1616.jpg
    IMG_1616.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1617.jpg
    IMG_1617.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 53
Not a big fan of Sako's, but that is one nice rifle! I love that dark finished black walnut stock, and it has some nice lines to it. Also, I'm a huge fan of the 7mm RemMag, so you should enjoy it. Interested to see how she shoots...Keep us posted.

Thanx Mud, encouraging words. I removed it from gunbroker and am gonna let it rip. A gun that doesnt shoot isnt worth poop to me. Guess i'm not what a collector calls a collector. I only keep shooters.

Thanx Mud, encouraging words. I removed it from gunbroker and am gonna let it rip. A gun that doesnt shoot isnt worth poop to me. Guess i'm not what a collector calls a collector. I only keep shooters.

Townesend Whelen said, "Only accurate rifles are interesting." I think his words still ring true for most of us, even if we are collectors. Because an inaccurate rifle is worthless, at least in my opinion it is.

A gun that doesnt shoot isnt worth poop to me. Guess i'm not what a collector calls a collector. I only keep shooters.

I'm a big fan of SAKO fan (esp. the TRGs); my M995 in .300 WM is one of my most accurate rifle out of the box. The only thing I have done with it was a muzzle brake install and has harvested a MT bull elk at 931 yards with 190 Berger VLD pushing 3043 FPS.

Had her out today, fired 10 rounds of factory hornady ammo, 1 inch groups . Gonna clean her real good and try the eld-x's handloaded

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.