My new mountain rifles

Prieto9000

I just finished assembling my new mountain rifles. I wanted a dedicated rifle for mountain hunting and ended up with 2. It´s a pair of Sako finnlights. One in .308 win with a 20" barrel and the other one is a .270 WSM.
The .308 is wearing a Swarovski Z3 4-12X50 and the .270 WSM is wearing a Zeiss Victory HT 2.5-10X50 with a #60 Reticle. Haven´t shot them yet, but I expect great results. The .308 feels a lot lighter than the .270. I suppose the extra 4" of the barrel and the zeiss scope really make a difference. I managed to get both rifles with the "SET TRIGGER". Notice the black trigger on both. It feels awesome. Breaks like glass @0.75 pounds.

Attachments

• image_3.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 52
  • image_2.jpg
    image_2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image_4.jpg
    image_4.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3726.jpg
    IMG_3726.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3727.jpg
    IMG_3727.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3730.jpg
    IMG_3730.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 50
Very nice pair of rifles!

The scope on the .308 is sitting pretty high. I would think that you would have a hard time getting a consistent head position. Have you tried it out from various positions yet?

The scope on the .308 is sitting pretty high. I would think that you would have a hard time getting a consistent head position. Have you tried it out from various positions yet?
I had that same thing typed in last night, but didn't want to sound like I was critiequing his work. I think he could drop down atleast 1, and possibly 2, sizes on those rings.

They are a nice set of rifles and scopes.

I haven´t taken them out of the house yet. I plan to try them this weekend. I also have the feeling that the scope on the 308 is a little high but it´s still confortable to get behind. The rings and bases came of a previous rifle that was set up like that with the same scope and worked like a wonder. It was a Sako 85 Varmint .243 win.

Nice rifles. Seem to me that you might want to switch the scopes on them. It would be my assumption that the 308 would be used for 'local security' and the 270wsm for longrange work. If that's true, the 4-12x would be better suited on the 270 IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.