My new hunting rifle

• Thread starter Deleted member 103481
  • Start date
great video. is it with a Teslong? please describe what you are seeing. i use a Teslong also. want to see if you see what i see
Yes, it's a teslong. Honestly not sure I am qualified to describe the video. I haven't scoped many barrels, I mostly use it to see how clean stuff is and check on firecracking.

to me, barrel looks fine physically, seems to have a ring of carbon still in the throat, still has a lot of copper. Copper is expected, I have only used c4 so far, will follow with montana xtreme 50 bgm for copper

If that's a 50mm NF you'll get away with it. I used them (ARC .79" tall ) on an origin with a 50mm NF and a much heavier barrel than that. Very close but cleared.
It would have cleared the objective fine, but this actions bolt handle is straight so the ocular bell hits. Need 0.82s or so unless I want to have the handle replaced. Which meh. Maybe, prefer not to ive moved on to seekins rings in the 0.87" range. I like where it put the scope when I shoulder the rifle

Barrel looks good. No fire cracking at all, how many rounds on it? Theres some copper and hard carbon in there but not enough Id worry. Just keep up with a bronze brush and copper killer and dont let it build up. The carbon ring at the end of the neck at 1:23 is not bad, spin a .338 brush in there if it worries you.

Barrel looks good. No fire cracking at all, how many rounds on it? Theres some copper and hard carbon in there but not enough Id worry. Just keep up with a bronze brush and copper killer and dont let it build up. The carbon ring at the end of the neck at 1:23 is not bad, spin a .338 brush in there if it worries you.
Thanks Alex.

100 rounds

not worried at all about the ring, trying to just show what it looked like after patches came out clean. Same thing happened last time after normal cleaning and it just took a little more extra work to totally get it out. Copper killer next I just couldnt bring myself to break out the montana inside lol that stuff stanks!

Not interested in CLR , I know Eric loves it and I'm happy it works for him but I can get it out fine with c4.

Desert Ranger, That's an excellent choice of components for a 300 PRC. Beautiful rifle. I really like your choice of action and stock, And of course Trigger Tech triggers are top tier. Did you bed the action?

My choice for 6.5 PRC is a Browning X-Bolt Pro ->Stainless steel action and barrel, burnt bronze Cerakote, factory lapped barrel, etc. etc. Not as nice as a custom rifle as yours but it's Browning's top model and they call it "semi-custom" due to all its extras like fluted barrel, bolt and bolt handle plus the above features.

Eric B.

Desert Ranger, That's an excellent choice of components for a 300 PRC. Beautiful rifle. I really like your choice of action and stock, And of course Trigger Tech triggers are top tier. Did you bed the action?

My choice for 6.5 PRC is a Browning X-Bolt Pro ->Stainless steel action and barrel, burnt bronze Cerakote, factory lapped barrel, etc. etc. Not as nice as a custom rifle as yours but it's Browning's top model and they call it "semi-custom" due to all its extras like fluted barrel, bolt and bolt handle plus the above features.

Eric B.
Yes, the stock is bedded but not by me. Alex did everything on this rifle I just sent him an action and picked out what I wanted.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.