My new rifle

Hi Fergus; Was wondering how you finished your stock? Really like the way it turned out! Harley

Harley

Good to hear ya like it. The colour is dyed into the laminates before they are layed up. Bill Shehane has a large range of colours available on his web site at http://www.scopeusout.com/colors.htm. All my gunsmith did was to apply a clear semi gloss coat to a well-rubbed down stock.

Just in case you are interested, I have added a link to some pictures of my friend's light rifle on a Shehane laminate http://www.angelfire.com/sports/actbenchrest/lightgun.html.

Fergus

[ 07-10-2001: Message edited by: Fergus Bailey ]

[ 07-10-2001: Message edited by: Fergus Bailey ]

Thanks for the reply Fergus. That's another great looking rifle! Does it belong to the gal that been whoopen all you gents? If so what barrel does she normaly use? Have good day! Harley ps I'll send some picture of my new LT gun.

Harley

I think you are referring to Annie Elliott and you'd be right that she often kicks our behind in competitions. The rifle was built for her technical adviser (her husband Stuart who is also an excellent shot). Annie and Stuart alternate between their light and their heavy rifles, depending on the events they are shooting. Just recently at a competition Annie commented that she didn't like shooting the light gun as much as the heavy, then almost immediately went out to her bench and shot a 1000yd light gun group with 4 shots in about 1.6", but with the 5th shot being caught in a wayward wind gust for a total 5.82" group!

Any day you beat Annie probably means you shot exceptionally well!

The rifle has two barrels in 6.5mm chamberings, one is a Tobler (Australian made custom barrel) in 6.5/284 Shehane and the other is a Trueflight (New Zealand made custom barrel) in 6.5x57 Imp. Both of these barrels shoot very well.

Fergus

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: Fergus Bailey ]

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.