My new Browning x bolt 308 groups

Rob M

Hi I bought my first centerfire rifle in many years.
Deer numbers have increased substantially over the past 20years, so now I don't need to drive for 6hrs to hunt them.
I had read a few negative opinions on the xbolt's accuracy, but fortunately the rifle I got shoots, I think, very well.
I didn't want to get into reloading, and I hoped I could get reasonable accuracy from a factory round.
To my delight, it took no time at all, federal power shocks in 160s gave me a three shot group that were all touching @100.
Let's hope it stays that way!!

Attachments

• 3shots@100.jpg
    [email protected]
    62.2 KB · Views: 171
Nice! Recently mounted the scope on my new Browning X-Bolt Hunter in .308 too! Probably be heading to the range soon and sight it in. Terrific group you have there.

It looks very promising but accuracy is not a one time deal. In order for me say a rifle is accurate, I need to be able to repeat the results. I other words, I will do about 3 groups a day during 3 or 4 days. If I can repeat the results, then you can trust on your rifle. If I cannot repeat the results, then the rifle may not be as accurate as I first thought.

This rule is specially true in hunting because you one get one or two shots.

I have shot rifles that shot very similar to yours on one day but totally different in another day. This usually happens with factory ammo.

Repeat your groups and get back to us. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.