My new 6.5 SAUM

I just finished a 7-08 that I had specially throated for the 150 ELDX. At seating of 2.95 I'll be jumping the bullet .020. Running a DBM mag with no binder plate. Always wanted a 7-08 and this should be fun to shoot, I'll want to see what the 162ELDX does also. Have yet to shoot it.

Why the 1-7.75 twist and not 1-7.5 twist? What bullet weights are you targeting in your 6.5? Is this a short action or a medium?

Beautiful!! Keep the thread updated during load development please!
Huntnful,

Attached is shots 11-20, on the rifle, (all I have had time to do plus this freakin hot weather) 2 groups. Load data at the top of the target. Second group is top left, was looking incredible until I choked on shot 5. This will not be my hunting load. I will be working that up with H1000 and the 156 Berger.

Attachments

• 6.5 SAUM shots 11 thru 20.jpg
    6.5 SAUM shots 11 thru 20.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 57
Why the 1-7.75 twist and not 1-7.5 twist? What bullet weights are you targeting in your 6.5? Is this a short action or a medium?
Mcranch,

It is a SA, had I planned better I would have built it on a LA, because Terminus does not build a medium. I did a 1-7.75 because HCA did not have a 1-7.5 in stock, and I had to get this rifle in action before Hunting Season. I am planning on running the 156 Bergers.

Thanks!