My new - 338Edge Rifle

DUH, man that's one bad-A looking piece of equipment. the only way it could possibly look better was if you had a gorgeous lady in a bikini holding it!

I don't mean to pry but what did she set you back minus the scope? I am looking at a build very similiar to that right down the the caliber and stock so I would like to know how much I need to start setting aside. Thanks

Lucas

Have you had her out shooting yet? I'm also planning on having one of these built. Watching close to see how yours shoots. :)

What kind of time frame to have one built with Rick?

Have you had her out shooting yet? I'm also planning on having one of these built. Watching close to see how yours shoots. :)

What kind of time frame to have one built with Rick?

Hi Fozzy,
He build me the rifle in less then 1 mo. I was right in the right time, because I got him between 2 projects when he was waiting for barells.
So here I am, in less then a month.
Usualy takes him to build you a rifle in 2-3 mo. But the best way is talk to him.

Tommorow I will go out to do a test with US869/300SMK, and also to prepare the barell. For sure I will post the results.

Chris

really nice looking rig.. what is the weight ready to go hunting?

The weight is 18lb.
So I did today the barrel brake and also 1st ladder test
338Edgeladdertest1.jpg

Temperature - 27 F
Elevatioin 4938 Ft
Wind 6mph from 3 o'clock
100yards target (every square is 1 inch at 100yards)

OAL = 3.684 to fit the HS Precision Mag,
Used US869 powder from 98 - 102.5g,
300SMK,
Rem 9 1/5M primer, and
Nossler Brass.

As I noticed I did not reached the pressure signs at 102.5g so I will go up. Also I have to give a shoot at the 4-5th round.

Did somebody used US869 more then 102.5g with OAL of 3.684, because I almost run out of case capacity for powder!!!!!

About the muzzle brake!!!! TheBEST... I was able for the first time to see all my hits at 100yards
at 16x power scope, without muzzle jump.

Chris

Last edited:
She is looking the goods mate. What a pain in the *** running a barrel in is !

Soon the fun stuff starts Booooooom, whooooosh, WHACK !!!!

Cheers

DUH

Yes it is...
I used "GUN JUICE" before each round.
One wet patch of GUN JUICE, and in less then 30sec shoot, one wet patch and in less then 30sec shoot... so on for 10 rounds.
Then run one more wet patch with GUN JUICE and done.
The gunsmith who build me the rifle recommanded very strong to use this technique. He told me after I will finish shooting, all I have to do is 1-2 wet patches of GUN JUICE and then on the end one dry patch and done.
This is all the cleaning procedure to have a perfect clean barrel and no cooper.

Here is the link to the website: Microlon.com

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.