My new - 338Edge Rifle

300rum

Hi,
Here is my new 338Edge. I just got it from gunsmith 1 week ago.

- 300 Rem Ultra Magnum Action
- 30" Rock Creek Barell (9.4 twist rate) Stainless Steel
- ATRS Muzzle Brake
- HS Precision modified stock
- HS Bullet Magazine (AOL 3.84")
- Camo Painting / Bedding, Free Floating Barell
- Harris Bipod
- Trigger 1lb
- IOR 16x42 30mm tube with MP-8 reticle
- Picattiny Rail 20MOA.

338edgesmall.jpg

338edgeiortop.jpg

Chris

I will use:
US869/Retumbo
Nossler brass
Rem 9 1/5M primer
300SMK
Ohhh yaaaa, I'm really happy,I can not wait to go out with this baby....
few more days and I will go to stretch out may new rig....
Chris

I will use:
US869/Retumbo
Nossler brass
Rem 9 1/5M primer
300SMK
Ohhh yaaaa, I'm really happy,I can not wait to go out with this baby....
few more days and I will go to stretch out may new rig....
Chris

Did you look at using H1000 ? From all the homework I did on the round it seemed 90 % of guys here were. Apparently the retumbo will get them going faster, but more temp sensitive and less consistant velocity spreads ? Only what I am told, so I'm learning as I go too.

By the way , how did you come up with the custom add on piece to your stock ? It kinda looks like a HS sf1 sendero stock as the base ??

DUH

Iwill never exclude H1000, but I have left anotger 4 lb of Retumbo powder, and I want to use it first.
With retumbo in 300 ultra mag I got 1/3Moa, and i hope will work on 338edge combo also...
About the hs precision stock...
I used fiberglass to modified the stock, for beter grip/pistol grip like, and as you see is looking good.
It is really simple to do, all you need is small'' kitty hair fiberglass''and sandpaper.
Chris

Very nice 300:cool: Is that tactical HS stock?

Thank you gamedog
No it is a HS Precision stock, but I
added fiberglass to modified the grip and head rest area.
The original design it was ok, but because I like to have better grip, like pistol grip I did the changes.
Chris

What kind of paint did you use?
From Wholesalesports, just ask for camopaint in spray cans.
I used brown- as base color, then lite sand, and on top grass green.
I used before for my old 300 rem ultra mag, and it works very well.
On plastic caps from scope covers will go off in time, but you can repainted any time.

nice machine

hey chris I just dropped my gun of at Ricks. I am going with the .338 edge A.I. same barrel as you, A5L stock from Joel Russo. I will be using a 6x20x50 zeiss with a 20 moa base for now. Are you from Calgary

hey chris I just dropped my gun of at Ricks. I am going with the .338 edge A.I. same barrel as you, A5L stock from Joel Russo. I will be using a 6x20x50 zeiss with a 20 moa base for now. Are you from Calgary

Yes, I'm from Calgary.
Rich is a great guy.
You will love your 338AI. Just is not for me yet. To much work to reload, fireform, double amount of work.
But you will gain extra velocity.
After you will got yourAI done, how about to get shooting together. I know some nice places where we can strech out this rifles.
Chris- cell 403-836-4747.

338 edge

he figures i should have my gun before spring if everything goes good. We will
have to get together to do some shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.