my new rifle TC Venture 308

Super_r1

here is a pic of my new TC venture 308. i broke it in 2 weeks ago and so far it shoots great.
IMG_0498.jpg

i really like out of the box stuff, great looking rifle you have there. and that scope you have will last for yr and yrs and is very repeatable. i never adj the one i had much i used the mildots for everything. theyre 5" apart at 100y. good job...

Nice look rifle.
I just got set up with a Remington 700 243. win for varmints. Topped with a 6.5-20x44 Vortex shooting 80 grain soft points. I am getting her sighted in on Saturday and yote hunting monday :)

I was just wondering what size bipod you bought. Im debating right now what size to get for prone?

Nice look rifle.
I just got set up with a Remington 700 243. win for varmints. Topped with a 6.5-20x44 Vortex shooting 80 grain soft points. I am getting her sighted in on Saturday and yote hunting monday :)

I was just wondering what size bipod you bought. Im debating right now what size to get for prone?

my $.02: Most bipod mfrs make a 9-13" or 8-13" range and from my own experiences that works great for prone or bench shooting.

Nice rifle! I am a big fan of the .308 win. If you would like some advice on loads to try that will really boost performance, shoot me a pm.

As for bipods, depends on your build. I'm 5'9" and use the 6-9" as it allows me to shoot very low profile, as it aids in stability. However my buddy is 6'3" and he has both a 6-9 and 9-13 depending on the situation. However 9/10 times the 9-13 works for him.

I got a venture 7mm08, it shoots great. I put a leup vx3 4 1/2 to 14 w/cds reticle. great combo. less then moa at 100 yds. shooting 120 gr nosler hunter bullets at 3ooo plus fps. If you buy one you won't be disappointed.

Got one in the discontinued 6.5x.284 with the fluted 24" barrel. Shoots all my loads under one inch. Will put the 130 berger under 1/2" three shots. Great rifles!!

Anyone make an after market stock? Or a clip, possibly a five rounder?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.