My Montour County Rifle

marioq

About a Year ago, I charged Kevin Cram with the job of building my rifle. I sent him an action, a barrel (that didn't fit the stock) and a mcmillian stock. He received my parts and after a very short time said "you need another barrel. The one you sent is too big."

Well, I bought another and had it sent to him. He received it and told me from the start, "I just got a big order so your project is going to take me a few months longer than I planned." Ohh, By the way, GREAT COMMUNICATION!!!!!! The entire time he kept to his time table. If something came up, I am sure her would have called but he was right on time when I asked for updates and never took long to respond. He also is a wealth of information about what route to go in terms of the build….. ANyway, I sent him a trigger and it was funny, when I called to see if he received it, he laughed and said, "I thought I got an early Christmas present!!!" We both laughed and he just said if you send anything else, have your name on it so I know it is for you.

So, while he is doing other things, I found someone to buy my barrel. Kevin shipped it next day no problem.

He put the gun together and, I have to say, without reservations, the quality is SUPURB!!!

I made the choice to use him because of his reviews here but also his Youtube video showing how he does what he does and the clarity with which he speaks!

I have included a couple pictures and I would say his prices are fair and reasonable and craftsmanship are exemplary

How she shoots is another question…. I just took her out last week for barrel break in. Shot 3 and cleaned with this 6.5x284 and my Mcmillian 6.5x284.

No loads no pics of shots. Going to take it out again soon and make some loads.

The barrel is ( I now you guys are going to think I am crazy but I really don't pay attention to specifics) Kreiger or Bartlein 26in 1-8 twist.

Can't think of anything else so here are pics and the main reason to post this was to give props to Kevin for a beautiful job and a great business transaction!!!

Thank you Kevin!!!!

Mario

Attachments

• IMG_7215.jpg
    IMG_7215.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_7216.jpg
    IMG_7216.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_7217.jpg
    IMG_7217.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 164
I live in NY but drive out to MCR whenever I need any gunsmithing work done. I have several of Kevin's custom rifles and they all look and shoot great. He built me a semi-custom 338 RUM that will literally outshoot some of my best varmint rifles.

Kevin is a nice guys who gives credit to his industry.

I'm sure you will be very pleased with your 1st MCR rifle.

I live in NY but drive out to MCR whenever I need any gunsmithing work done. I have several of Kevin's custom rifles and they all look and shoot great. He built me a semi-custom 338 RUM that will literally outshoot some of my best varmint rifles.

Kevin is a nice guys who gives credit to his industry.

I'm sure you will be very pleased with your 1st MCR rifle.

Yeah if she shoots like she looks, animals are in trouble!!!

Kevin was a pleasure to work with during this build.

Congrats on your build! I spoke with Kevin a while back and he will be building some Shermans for me if the requests come in (hint hint).:D It will be nice to have another good builder in that part of the country......Rich

Actually, when I had this built, I later saw your Sherman mag and thought about that as another build. Maybe if the stars align I can do that. One day!!!........

Great looking rifle! I've dealt with Kevin on a couple of occasions and can also highly recommend him.

Thank you for the kind words guys. Mario, I'm glad you're happy with your rifle and the experience working with me. I can't wait to hear how it shoots. There's some changes coming to MCR which should open up some new doors and speed up turn around times without sacrificing my quality. Any one looking to have rifle work done I started taking on new work orders now.
Thanks again to all!!

Kevin

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.