My "Forever" Rifle

This past year I decided it was time to assemble my "forever" rifle (I know, crazy and ridiculous).

My hope was to put together a setup that would be extemely light weight, reliable, acceptable for all North American game from White Tail to Brown Bear and Moose, able to be effective in long range hunting, out shoot me in terms of accuracy, be relatively inexpensive to shoot, incorporate new and cutting edge firearm technologies, did not require me to build a custom rifle, and be composed of high quality parts from companies with "bar none CS".

This is where I arrived and what I have assembled. I can say that I am very happy with the outcome, and wanted to share. Extemely light weight, 8 pounds even with glass, bipod, magazine, and ammo (field weight). Ergonomics are fantastic for me, and this MBM brake makes the rifle translate to the shooter less felt recoil and a .243 does (not so fun for the guy spotting...).

Seekins Precision Havak Element, 300 PRC
- 6 Lbs even

+ Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 with CDS for the 212gr Hornady 300 PRC ELD-X

+ Leupold Aluminum Mark 4 30mm Scope Rings

+ Rugged Ridge Outdoor Carbon Fiber Bipod

+ Muzzle Brakes and More Titanium Beast 2, 5 Port

View attachment 257591

View attachment 257592

View attachment 257593

View attachment 257594

View attachment 257595

View attachment 257596

View attachment 257597

View attachment 257598

View attachment 257611

Thanks for viewing!
Your forever....today rifle? Very well done...what's your plans for next week?😂

This past year I decided it was time to assemble my "forever" rifle (I know, crazy and ridiculous).

My hope was to put together a setup that would be extemely light weight, reliable, acceptable for all North American game from White Tail to Brown Bear and Moose, able to be effective in long range hunting, out shoot me in terms of accuracy, be relatively inexpensive to shoot, incorporate new and cutting edge firearm technologies, did not require me to build a custom rifle, and be composed of high quality parts from companies with "bar none CS".

This is where I arrived and what I have assembled. I can say that I am very happy with the outcome, and wanted to share. Extemely light weight, 8 pounds even with glass, bipod, magazine, and ammo (field weight). Ergonomics are fantastic for me, and this MBM brake makes the rifle translate to the shooter less felt recoil and a .243 does (not so fun for the guy spotting...).

Seekins Precision Havak Element, 300 PRC
- 6 Lbs even

+ Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 with CDS for the 212gr Hornady 300 PRC ELD-X

+ Leupold Aluminum Mark 4 30mm Scope Rings

+ Rugged Ridge Outdoor Carbon Fiber Bipod

+ Muzzle Brakes and More Titanium Beast 2, 5 Port

View attachment 257591

View attachment 257592

View attachment 257593

View attachment 257594

View attachment 257595

View attachment 257596

View attachment 257597

View attachment 257598

View attachment 257611

Thanks for viewing!
Awesome bang stick dude !! I'm headed to Idaho as well .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.