My mission to find the best short barreled big 338!!!

Rugged Suppressors came out last year with the Alaskan 360 (11.8oz) and the Alaskan 360TI (6.6oz w/direct thread mount) that would probably fit the bill perfectly for this type of build.

I wish I'd waited 1 month to buy my Primal as I would own an Alaskan instead.

Oh Whale.

No sir.. the rifle at the beginning of the thread 338 Norma improved.
Seems like everytime a post about a 300 norma or 338 norma with a 20" barrel pops up everyone on here also pops a shorty! I'm surprised nobody has started building and posting these in the classifieds!

A few years ago I picked up a short barreled 98 Mauser chambered in 243 win. Then a 308, then ordered a short CF barrel for same 308. Now awaiting a short barrel for a 338 Lapua. Short for me makes for easy movement around the woods. Not long range canyons like out west, but even then, a short barreled 338 Lapua is still better than a 338 WM...

Oooh no Shane you gone and done it now. The 338 win mag supporters are sharpening their pitchforks as I type this.

Strange I didn't type supporters fan….. boys is supposed to go there.

@TheFishBox funny thing about rifles that you want to keep so bad .. others want them just as badly!!! :(:(:(
This rifle is going to a great home, and he insisted on working up a load using 285 eld-m. The initial ladder with h1000 and this bullet went just under 2863 fps which actually surprised the crap out of me!! I will say that got my attention especially in a 20" barrel..
Now I'm wondering why I'm shooting a 28" barrel. I'm still fireforming but seeing 2944 with 275 CE Lazers and this is with N570.

@Elk Hunter 338 have you tried the AB Suppressor's Raptor 338 by chance?

Considering a 20" suppressed 338 build and that AB Raptor 10 with a reflex is pretty intriguing

Loving this thread, good read! 🤙🏽
I have not sorry. I'm stuck on Thunder beast. the company itself is above and beyond and their products are ridiculous.

The Huge problem i face now ... is this rifle was to be my rifle for the 23' hunting season but like i stated before, someone wanted it worse than me. I don't really know what I'm going to use myself this year :cool:
338 nimp.jpg