My Gun is in Jail for 10 days!

I'll give to that a 32" barrel is cumbersome and can be awkward, but the reason is that most 7mm do not have enough barrel length the burn all the powder packed behind it. Longer barrel longer burn time, faster bullet and longer range. With a 1:9 twist it can push a 180 grain Burger.

And when it comes down to it I can alway cut the barrel down.

As far as living in the wacko land of Cali, I'm here because my wife has family here and we know this is where God has us for right now. I wanted to move to Idaho or Montana and was ready to do so, but we are here for now.

Where I'm at it's not so bad, there are more NRA stickers here than Obamanation ones.

In Californistan the 10 days starts when your gun gets in the hands of a licensed FFL dealer. Doesn't matter if you waited 6 months to get it. Stupid for sure but the Libs think they are out smarting the criminals that way. Stupid for sure.

Thanks guys,

T

Stupid for sure but the Libs think they are out smarting the criminals that way.
You live there, and clearly don't understand the problem.

They don't think they are outsmarting criminals, they are outsmarting gun owners. Criminals don't go to gun stores to buy guns. They know you will though.

You live there, and clearly don't understand the problem.

They don't think they are outsmarting criminals, they are outsmarting gun owners. Criminals don't go to gun stores to buy guns. They know you will though.

I know that, they don't. The only people getting the shaft i law abiding gun owners. 10 day waiting period does nothing but get in the way of our rights as gun owners. I guess my sarcasm on the web. I'm a die hard Libritarian, gov't intrusion is becoming the death of our country. I'm here because of family, that's about it.

Cheers,

T

Gotcha. It's just really REALLY hard for me to joke about people trampling our rights. No... impossible actually. ;)

Gotcha. It's just really REALLY hard for me to joke about people trampling our rights. No... impossible actually. ;)

Orkan,

I'm a die hard outdoorsman, flyfishing, bow hunting, surfing, spear fishing, kayak and my 9to 5 is doing marketing in the hunting and Tactical industry. I live my passions 24/7 like you it seems. I see everyday what is happening to our country and am trying to get Americans to stop buying China made crapy and buy American or at least fair trade made goods in our industry. If you want to start a thread talk about how we are giving our jobs and ideas to Asia to save a few bucks.

We look the other way purchasing our camo, gun parts and scopes to try and get ready for our hunts. We are not having our rights taken from us completely, we are giving it away a few dollars at a time. We buy products from companies that either are paying foreign companies who support the complete oppression of freedoms. I am trying to purchase only products made in the USA or Fair Trade markets that at least do not condem the rights of its people.

I know this is a far stretch from gun transfer laws, by man to think that I am not passionate and not ****ed about where our country is headed. I am we need to band together as brothers in arms and fight the tyrants of our days. Not in the actual sense, but as those who speak with a loud voice and champion our cause.

A good ways for us to send a message to our government is to stop buying products from china and places like Walmart. Use your local gun shops and small chains.

I'm just stoked to get a gun made by a Finnish Co and assembled/ barreled and put together here in Us, California even. If all the good sane people left here that would be a sign of defeat. So while I am here I will fight on for our gun rights and freedoms.

From one patriot to another let us not give up in defeat, but fight on.

Cheers,

T

I, as a Kalifornia resident, am about to take delivery of 2 rifles that have spent the past 10 days in purgatory. The original owner is deceased and I have purchased them from the estate. Fortunately the FfL handling the transfers is one of us and has knocked the fees down to the bare minimum.

Oh yeah. what am I buying? A custom Belgian Mauser 338-06 AI and an old Sako Mauser 270. Both rifles are cherry. The pair of these will likely displace 4 or 5 guns in my safe as my 'go to' rifles .

As far as I'm concerned, The United States only consists of 30 states for me at the moment. Hopefully some more will come along and recognise an indiviuals right to defend themselves when away from home and join the rest of the union. Nothing like places turning people into criminals for no reason.. rant over...good luck with the gun! Get yourself some 168 VLD's and hit the range!

+1 Google 'We The People'.. sign your state's petition. Just wait until the UN controls gun ownership. Thanks to the 'other union of 20'!

Doc

Orkan,

We look the other way purchasing our camo, gun parts and scopes to try and get ready for our hunts. We are not having our rights taken from us completely, we are giving it away a few dollars at a time. We buy products from companies that either are paying foreign companies who support the complete oppression of freedoms.

T

brother you said it , we have seen the enemy , its us ! BTW nice looking stick hope its everything you've been waiting for

It would be great not to have to wait, but in a twisted weird sort of way I understand. I mean, its California, you really don't want everyone here to have a gun.

Okay I am joking right now, no need to bash me or call me a names like, democrat or liberal. Im NOT! Just saying there is a lot of stupid people here that give us a bad name and giving them a gun might not be a good thing.

For all of us sane, gun tote'n conservatives we should have an express lane for purchasing guns. Just saying and messing around.

Just want my gun.
Waiting periods don't make anyone smarter though and if someone is intent on committing a crime with a gun they'll just buy one on the street anyway.

The State fee is $25 shops normally charge $50 to $100 on top of that.

Just glad I know some guys who do transfers.

Here is a pic of the gun, the only thing we are waiting on is the scope mounts, those need to get changed out. Just can't wait to shoot it.

Great Job and kudos to Mark at Chesebro Rifles

Hopefully Friday before work.

Cheers,

Tony
Well if it shoots as good as it looks you have a winner!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.