My first 8 pointer

1357MAG

Although it is not the biggest buck that I have drew on, it IS my first "8". I shot him in late Sept. this year. I was given permission to hunt 1 mile from my house, in a Catholic Sanctuary. This deer was 1 of 5 that I had shot there this year. Those 5 deer that were shot there were all shot in September. I estimate that I could have shot at least 15 deer there in the season combined. I wanted to take some more does. but I didn't want to spook them all from the area. I was actually holding out for one of the bigger bucks that was frequenting the area. He's still around.

1357MAG

Thanks alot winmag! I have to get him from the taxidermist this month some time.:D

Oliveralan

Sweet! A deer is a deer, and that ones got quite some antler on it!

My first deer season back in the states and i lucked out. Shot a doe on the youth hunt day before they got so spooky. Hunting pressure here is real bad where i hunt... and being in school didnt get to go out as much as i wanted to.

1357MAG

Sweet! A deer is a deer, and that ones got quite some antler on it!

My first deer season back in the states and i lucked out. Shot a doe on the youth hunt day before they got so spooky. Hunting pressure here is real bad where i hunt... and being in school didnt get to go out as much as i wanted to.
Congratulations! I had shot some does before this one came in. I can remember my first deer, and so could everyone else within a mile from me! LOL!
I know what you mean about hunting pressure. Here in NJ, if you have a private spot, you are in the good. I also kill a fair amount of deer on state land as well, but have to put more in to it.
Coyote season is here now, so I am trying to get out at night. I start a new job on Monday, and will have Fri., Sat., and Sun. to hunt! I am lucky for that.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce