My First African Safari

beautiful animals, I sure would like to hear some of the stories. I have a friend who has hunted New zealand, Africa, Alaska, US and Canada for various animals and one day he came over. I invited a few other friends over and we listened to his stories a viewed all the pictures and videos. It was one of the best get togethers I have ever had. I think it is time I start going with him.

Brent

Brent, You can find some stories here on the following link from another forum.

Back from Africa - California Predators Club Forums

Some here

Nosler Reloading - ammunition, hunting, shooting, and performance reloading expertise from the source.

Nosler Reloading - ammunition, hunting, shooting, and performance reloading expertise from the source.

Thanks for posting more pics, they're great to see!

That pic where you're riding the elephant, is that fella on the ground holding one of those adders??

Cheers

Those are some truly great animals. Your PH did one hell of a job getting you on those three monsters. Congrats

Thanks for posting more pics, they're great to see!

That pic where you're riding the elephant, is that fella on the ground holding one of those adders??

Cheers

Yep! It's a little one though. We found a larger one on another property that my buddy took a picture with his camera. I'll post it here as soon as I have them.

Those are some truly great animals. Your PH did one hell of a job getting you on those three monsters. Congrats

Rimfire, I couldn't agree more! As a matter of fact, I told Evert Vorster of Sadaka Safari, our host and PH, that I belong to a community of people that are into longrange hunting. And that, it would be a boost to his outfitting business, if he could accomodate and catered to the needs of this type of hunting. He told me that he was interested and that he has a place in mind that would be perfectly suited for longrange hunting. As a matter of fact, if I ever booked again, I will bring my longrange rig and equipment with me next time. My only concern is, what will be the reaction of the airport cops when they open my guncase and see my sniper rifle in it lol.

Desert Fox,

I leave in 7 days for Namibia. I am taking 6 animals. My brother is taking 7. Like you stated in your last post, I have a rifle that is for long range shooting and looks like a sniper rifle. I hope I do not get into much trouble with it. I will have tons of pics and stories to post soon. My true goal is to take a baboon or jackel at 1 mile on video. My dad just purchased an HD video cam with 20X booster on it so we can see bullet trace on the 1 mile shot. Thanks for the post and pics!!

Chase

Finally got our trophies back from RSA.

Here's my buddy's Mountain Redbuck scored SCI Silver
Africa301.jpg

Waterbuck SCI Silver
Africa292.jpg

Another buddy's Red Hartebeest
Africa295.jpg

My Kudu SCI Gold
Africa285.jpg

My Impala SCI Bronze
Africa306.jpg

My Pumba SCI Bronze
Africa307.jpg

Last edited:
Great thread Desert Fox

Did you have your animals mounted in Africa, or back here?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.