My Daughter Kills a Brute

That is such a Great deer I called my non hunting wife in to see it!
She was impressed!.
For the last 15 years or so I haven't shot an antlered buck. Health issues limit
my time hunting so I wack does for the freezer lots easier and eat 'em all year!
BUT a buck like this one might force my hand!
The pack out sucked....bad. 454 yards does not sound too far.....unless it is across two steep, deep, snowy, catclaw filled canyons.....twice!
20191122_111756.jpg

20191122_130630.jpg

Wow that's awesome. Wish I could have had the other 9 days left. Great seeing youth hunters being successful we need a lot more of that. I think if our hunter population shrinks to much we are going to get squashed by the antis.
Shep

7RM when she was 14, and .300RUM when she was 11! She ain't no delicate flower...even though she is very petite.
Totally AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the response, as I am building a custom 7mm Rem Mag for launching the 7mm Heavies on a Rem 700.....kind of a Sendero on Super Steroids. :cool:

Shooting a 300 RUM at 11 years of age!?!?! :cool:
She would love my .416 Rigby!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations to her and well done dad for raising her to provide for herself and not rely on plastic packaged, mass produced , chemical contaminated meat.

I think if our hunter population shrinks to much we are going to get squashed by the antis.
Shep

You're absolutely right. You only have to look at the ridiculous, draconian measures applied to many European countries.

My 17 year old daughter drew a great AZ tag this year. A 10 day hunt turned into a 90 minute hunt on opening day in the blink of an eye. 1 minute after glassing up this buck, he was down. 454 yards, quartering away, one shot, like flipping off a switch.
She now has biggest buck in the family.
31" inside spread, 33.25" outside spread, 196 6/8" green gross.

View attachment 159650
View attachment 159651
View attachment 159654
View attachment 159653
View attachment 159655
View attachment 159652
No words work here, forever... All three are great trophies!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.