My dad needs an Elk

Nosler26

Hello,
My dad would like to go Elk hunting this fall and I have never Elk hunted before. I know nothing about it. He has no points so it seems like I may end up taking him to Co. with the masses. lol That's ok, I don't mind that.

My question is, would anyone be willing to share some info regarding a decent area for a small to average bull or even a cow or two?

My dad is in good health, very capable. But he has a friend who has survived lung cancer and will struggle with high altitude and will need some assistance. I can do that. But I don't know where to take these to old timers. Again, these two are not trophy hunters by any means, just a bucket list thing. I wont be hunting but will be the Chauffeur, spotter and the pack mule for my dad's buddy. I can afford a reasonable amount for something in the lines of a trespass fee of sorts or land owner tags (if there is such a thing) But I am not wealthy and will be paying the bill here so........yeah, the cheaper the better for me. But top priority is to show these two a good time and maybe get their hands bloody. Any thought's?

wyowinchester

Left over cow tags are a good possible in WY. They go on sale with a first come first serve. https://wgfd.wyo.gov/web2011/HUNTING-1000153.aspx Getting the elk is going to be the challenge. You might look into an outfitter that specializes in this type of hunt. I can't seem to come up with a sure thing on the East side of the state. Phone calls, and more calls.
I know one over in the Mateatse area, if you go with that option.

WildRose

There's a small family outfitter in Colorado who specializes in hunts for the disabled.

Try a google search, I cannot remember their names but I saw a show on the Outdoor Channel that featured a hunt with them.

You might even be able to find it searching around on the ODC website.

Brianc74

What state do you live in. I am in Idaho. Would be able to help if you plan on hunting this state. Idaho has over the counter tags for out of staters.
Brian

Trending threads