not an elk

preddhunter

Well its not an elk but i went moose hunting with my parents in maine and got a 685lb moose. my mom got the licence but my dad was the subpermitee. my dad got the moose it wasent that far of a shot only around 100yds but it was a nice one to get. it was on the first day of hunting so didnt do to bad.
probly have pics soon.

Last edited:
A 685lb moose.......I thought they were bigger than that. So is that the size of a full grown cow moose or would that be a young cow or what? Never been moose hunting but sure would like to one of these days.

By the way congrats! Bet it sure eats good.

it was a bull yes it is a smaller but an all right size but ware we tag it thay have had a 1007lb one weighted so far they were mostly around 800 and 900lbs but we talked to a guy that had been logging up there and he has seen a 1500lb one when he goes in to cut. but ares is denfently going to be good eaten.

SS850401.jpg

SS850384.jpg

there he is and in the second pic thats my mom and dad on the left and me on the right the moose had a 43in spread.

Last edited:
Nice but how the heck did you manage to get it close to the truck. My first moose hunt in Alaska, Near Healy it took me three days to get the sucker to the boat so I could hall it home.

Nice pictures

up in maine there alot of roads you take to get to spots to call and we caught this one on the road and took him. there are alot of moose up here so you can just drive and see them some times but usaly u have to call the big ones in. but in some zone it is alot harder to get them than in others. there are many clear cuts depening on the aera so you can spot them and go after them.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.