My Best Wyoming Whitetail

That's awesome! What a great friend.

Every time I see your post with one of those hand cannons I think, boy I need to get one. Just don't know where to look or start.
Yes, Dan is a great friend!
If you want to get into shooting and hunting with specialty pistols, just shoot me a PM, and we can chat a number of options.
E

It was my pleasure to take you out. I always enjoy and cherish our time hunting together.
To add to the story:
When the buck showed up, I was still getting my gear together. Ernie is getting ready to shoot and I didn't have my binoculars ready yet, but I didn't want to hold him up and lose of opportunity. So just looking with my eyes I told him I was ready. I hear Ernie fire and I see the deer do the classic buck and kick. I asked Ernie, "was that a buck?" He says "it was a little basket buck" and he holds his hands about 8" apart. When I came up to the buck to my surprise it was a nice buck for the area with a 15" spread. I sent Ernie a picture right away and informed him that this is a really nice deer for this area.
Love ya Brother!
Everything did happen quite quickly!
Getting out those two days was wonderful for me.
It is nice when the reversal of ground shrinkage takes place.
I was in a "if it is brown it is down" mindset.
That nice buck was just icing on the cake!

4A478C10-8D44-4476-B50A-0112B326C2FA.jpeg

It weighs less than a pound and a half. 1 lb. 5 oz. to be exact. It is their PRS Pillow bag.
I use it for many of my specialty pistols, and even at times for my revolvers
Compared to my Holland small field bag.
0483D1C5-4665-4427-8A65-E6E0F0AE1D31.jpeg

Ernie, I got my best Wyoming whitetail the day after Thanksgiving. I was hoping to take one with my .41 Ruger Blackhawk, but alas, I could not get close enough. So it was shot with a .270. I was hunting down Piney Creek road, East of where you shot yours. Congrats again on getting out with that injured foot.

A6931CC2-62EC-4344-8B39-F9B77DCF4A5B.jpeg

If you are posting from your smart phone. Click on the dark box, and then click on with your finger the drop image, and it will take you or give you an option to go to your photo album. Simply touch the picture that you want

Ernie, I got my best Wyoming whitetail the day after Thanksgiving. I was hoping to take one with my .41 Ruger Blackhawk, but alas, I could not get close enough. So it was shot with a .270. I was hunting down Piney Creek road, East of where you shot yours. Congrats again on getting out with that injured foot.
Out on the state land or did you get some private access? We seen a lot of vehicles on the state section on our way in. Congratulations on your buck!