My first deer with my LRH

dennis

I waited all season to see something I liked but it wasnt to be, it was just killing me because I really wanted to test my new gun and my newly aquired skills. The doe only season just started and there wont be another buck season so no sense in waiting anymore.

I had several different opportunities tonight but I really wanted to shoot over 400 and everything I saw was under or it wasn't right, and then one came out at 420 so I did everything like I practiced, used the reticle for elevation adjustment and sent the 141 grain 6.5 just a little higher than where I thought it would hit by about 2-3 inches but otherwise right on. I was actually able to see her fall, I have shot a lot of deer in my life but that was really a trip. It was all about deer management to me and the only reason I bought a LRH was because it is a shotgun or pistol only area but I realized tonight that this brings a whole new aspect to hunting that I would have never thought posssible. I never enjoyed the shooting it was always the hunting side that I loved but I guess now I will be able to double the fun!

Dennis,
Very happy for you!!!
Wished I could have been there to see it go down, but, especially to watch your face:D

I wish you could have been there but you kinda were, I couldnt have done it without you!

Thanks for the offer but I am scurrying to leave for WY on a coyote hunt. Good luck.

Went out this morning with my friend kraig and he shot his first deer with his new pistol only 2 feet away from where i shot mine last night. Then i shot another one at around 400.

Man this is fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.