Ready for Wyoming

41Magnum

The Nosler is ready. Looking forward to my first hunt out west, Antelope. Four of us are going and I'm the only handgun hunter. As a side note I'm shooting tighter groups at 200 yds than the other three guys with rifles. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    707.6 KB · Views: 324
What cartridge are you shooting? I like the Nosler pistols, I have had the pleasure of shooting a couple of them and they were wonderfully accurate.
The 6.5 Creedmoor, I'm thinking of either getting another one in another caliber or rebarrel/rechamber this one. Shooting factory Winchester 125 gr. ammo I'm getting 1.2" groups at 200 yds. with this pistol. I'm going to sell some T/C stuff at some point to help fund the addiction. 😁

Oddly enough the Nosler doesn't like Nosler ammo.

It also likes the Barnes 127 LRX but shoots the Winchester a little tighter, avg. velocity right at 2600 fps. I figure it will work fine on an Antelope.

Last edited:
The 6.5 Creedmoor, I'm thinking of either getting another one in another caliber or rebarrel/rechamber this one. Shooting factory Winchester 125 gr. ammo I'm getting 1.2" groups at 200 yds. with this pistol. I'm going to sell some T/C stuff at some point to help fund the addiction. 😁

Oddly enough the Nosler doesn't like Nosler ammo.

It also likes the Barnes 127 LRX but shoots the Winchester a little tighter, avg. velocity right at 2600 fps. I figure it will work fine on an Antelope.

One of the ones I shot was a 6.5 Creedmoor and it was a screamer (even with me shooting) It was handloaded though. If you are like me, you will love antelope hunting. I have a great time every time I go. Best of luck and have a safe trip!

What part of wyoming? I drove from Rock Springs to Casper last weekend, I didn't see my first goat till just south of Muddy Gap...Those goats took a beating last winter...Good Luck....
I had 40 acres east of Muddy Gap Junction on the east side of Rattlesnake's deer area 89 until I sold in 2017. I hadn't been to since1999 . I actually got to glance at area going through Wyoming down into Colorado to Az. for a late elk hunt. I reminisced but last winter after I was glad I still didn't own . I feel bad for all the deer and lope winter kill in the area.

East of Douglas
I guided last weekend at the Lander One Shot Antelope hunt. Area 67. Very few antelope to be seen. The few (3) we saw in 5 hours of scouting were all on water sources. We went back on Sat. morning, and my hunter had his at 7:15 with a 400 yd. shot. We're seeing big herds already between Elk Mountain and Laramie. Could be signs of an early and nasty winter??