My .44

Ratgunner

Not exactly long range stuff but I can hit the gong at 200 consistently with it :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 144
Nice :) what load are you using? Bullets/velocity. My Taurus Raging Bull 44 Mag loves the Hornady 300gr XTPs. Will put 3 shots under 2.5" at 100 yards with iron sights. Resting on sandbags of course. No chance of that group offhand. Perhaps one day I'll have to see what it can do with some optics on it

Nice shooting,
If you get a chance try some 240 XTP's and H110. My SBH and FA Mod. 83 love this combo. Ringing steel with the wheelgun is loads of fun:D I shoot pistol silhouette with this load. Starline brass, 23.5 grains w/CCI 350's lighting it off. -Great load to hunt with too...

-Mike

Of all the highly accurate rifles I have owned in the past and still own today, none of them get me as excited as when I hit right where I was aiming at 100 yards with the 8 3/8" barreled Taurus wheel gun using iron sights. It amazes me every time and I wonder how that short little barrel with that big ol bullet can be so accurate? So cool. Of the nearly 30 firearms I own from other handguns to shotguns, to bolt rifles and various AR15s, that big ol six shooter is still one of my favorite guns to shoot. Just good old fun :) :) :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.