My 338 Sherman Shortmag

I now have a couple dozen mild fireforming rounds through with 200 accubonds, 59 grains of RL22 (had laying around).

Now on to the fun stuff. I'll be loading RL17 and superformance with the 250 bergers to find my max. Using the 300SS thread as a reference I'll start with about 56 grains of RL17 and go from there. With the superformance the starting charge appears to be a bit more.

I have a magnetospeed for all shots.

Pretty sure you will max around 62 grains of RL 17 with the 250's and I'm not sure you will be able to pressure out with Superformance, but maybe? I think H100v may fall short because it isn't quite as dense as RL 17 and you need a couple more grains.
I'm guessing you will hit 2800 between 61-62 grains of RL17??
Take it cool though!

379EBD4D-7F4B-47F6-AE96-AB242D66D56D.jpeg
We'll see.....

Initial results are in. Prior to these tests I have only 24 rounds through this barrel for break-in. I used R-P stamped brass formed and prepped by me, Federal 215 primers and RL17 for all shots below. I'll have to re-do these tests as I was having some issues with my magnetospeed.

59 grains read 2694 fps
60 - 2722
61 - 2745

I can say however that at 60 grains I could see an extremely faint extractor mark, 61 was more visible and slight primer cratering. My 62 grain shot had slighly more of an extractor mark (not even shiny and highly visible), same slight cratering but did not register speed. I'll load again at half grain increments starting at 58 grains and go from there. I'll be testing superformace next.

Sure wish I could ship my ADG up there!

Me too! There is a way, I picked up one of Nathan's brakes while I was in the states recenly. I'm finding the recoil to be a non issue though, but I'm sure it will make its way on to my rifle.
brake.jpg