My .308win project

i have some good news.
i just got my rifle and will post some pictures soon.
now i must find a way to buy a extended mag.
Lisa from SSS said that they cannot send the mag to Romania.

Congratulations on your new rifle. Look forward to seeing some pics. I hope your able to resolve acquiring an ext mag.

Congratulations on assembling your dream! What rangefinder did you decide on?

Do you plan on hunting boar? I know there are some real mean ones in eastern Europe. Have hunted them in Germany before and a hunting buddy from there goes to the Czech Republic to hunt them fairly often.

This is Europe we're talking about. Getting a gun legally within a year is amazing! I would venture to say almost every hunter and shooter in Europe would kiss legislators shoes if they were to reduce the hoops to what you need to get a class 3 firearm in CA!
Except the English, they and their suppressors :p
ah well, they are about to get knocked out of the World Cup so that is a good consolation prize.

the project took almost a year for many reasons .
first i had to find a ffl and a store that could send the rifle to romania.
second and important one : money. the final price for rifle is almost 2100 usd (papers , shipping , mails , authorizations , translated copy for papers ....)
third: personal reasons . bad luck with my car. had to pay almost 3000 usd.
forth : for every other item (scope , rings , base , asli , .....) i had to ask for shipping to over 30 or 40 online stores . because i am from romania .

now if i have to start over i would say that in 3 or 4 months the project would be finished.

as promised - the first picture. i will post more when i will get back from my vacation

show.php

i got the rangefinder from a friend. don´t know who made it but it can measure up to 600 - 650 meters. the difference between measurements of one target in different days and conditions is 1-3 meters. i will keep it for now.

in the future i want to buy a better scope , kestrel 4500 and a leica rangefinder.

thanks
i know but i had to wait because here i could not find a left hand model that i wanted .
and when i want something i can wait as long as it takes and do everithing to get it.

tim_novy, my hats off to you for hanging in there and not giving up. Looks like you got all the pieces, I'll bet it'll be a shooter. Enjoy.

here are some new pictures:
ImageShack Album - 4 images

i managed to place an order for the extended mag ( from c-products)

now i have to find good ammunition and go to the range .

i will start with winchester ballistic silvertip 168gr ( this is the best i could find now here) .

i will post new pictures from the range

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.