My .308 Rem 700

I've been playing around with AR Comp. With 42.8grn and a 168 NBT Hunting bullet, I am getting 2790fps. My ES is 4.5 and SD is 2.8. This load is shooting .25MOA or less with regularity. My smallest group when first testing this load and finding the current load I am shooting cut a .116" 3shot group at 100yds. When I got a chance to stretch it's legs, on a calm day I shot a 1.5" group at 718yds. Needless to say God blessed me. I plan to use this same load this year for deer season that starts in a couple weeks.

Tank

I've been playing around with AR Comp. With 42.8grn and a 168 NBT Hunting bullet, I am getting 2790fps. My ES is 4.5 and SD is 2.8. This load is shooting .25MOA or less with regularity. My smallest group when first testing this load and finding the current load I am shooting cut a .116" 3shot group at 100yds. When I got a chance to stretch it's legs, on a calm day I shot a 1.5" group at 718yds. Needless to say God blessed me. I plan to use this same load this year for deer season that starts in a couple weeks.

Tank

Hmm I don't have any of that powder. What do think of trying those bullets over varget? You think it would hold tighter than the 165 accubonds?

Hmm I don't have any of that powder. What do think of trying those bullets over varget? You think it would hold tighter than the 165 accubonds?

Don't know. I didn't expect to get what I did. I got lucky and found a honey of a load. I would have never expected this kind of accuracy. I get about .5 to .75 MOA with the Custom Comps in 175. Nosler is turning into my go to bullet lately. I was a big fan of Sierra as a kid. For the past 3yrs I have been using mostly Hornady. I have been shooting the Nosler custom comp for about 4 months. Needless to say I've been very impressed with all of their bullets lately. I know the Varget is a very popular load for that weight bullet. It was the premium load for a long time until people started playing with RL15. Now I really like this AR Comp powder. Hopefully nobody will change the recipe they are using.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.