my 260 rem build

rakatak

hey guys just built a new 260 rem. built off a stevens 200 243 action. shilen select match 26 inch barrel, with a bell and carlson stock. vortex viper 6.5x20x44 scope with burris signature zee rings. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• gun pics 363.jpg
    gun pics 363.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 60
thanks guys. here are 2 5 shot groups at 100 yards. the center one was the first 5 shots, the lower group was after a 1/4 minute adjustment to the left. wind was blowing pretty good.

Attachments

• gun pics 365.jpg
    gun pics 365.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 58
I am thinking of similar build. How do you like the action? That is almost dead on what Im looking at in 6.5x284

I love it and it wasn't hard to do either. getting the original barrel off of the action was the hardest part. ended up having to torch the barrel nut to loosen it up but after that it was pretty simple.

My buddy has a ffl, so I can buy just the action through him. It is cheaper than the Savage, so I was wondering if it as smooth and reliable?

savage makes them so i assume it is pretty much the same action with just the stevens name on it. i bought a brand new gun in a 243 caliber. gave 350.00 for it brand new. look around at pawn shops, and you can probably find the old model 110 savage pretty cheap. my dad works at a pawn shop and they have a couple older savages for around 270.00 bucks. from what i seen the actions by themselves were pretty expensive.

i am very happy with it considering it is the first one i've ever built. i think it came out better than i expected. here is a target i shot at 327 yards. its a little blurry but there are 3 different 3 shot groups. the first group was low and right. i corrected my scope and shot 3 more times those were the ones that hit to the left, i corrected back to the right 2 clicks and those were the 3 shots closest to the center. this was the first time i ever shot at anything over 100 yards.

Attachments

• gun pics 364.jpg
    gun pics 364.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 48
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.