Muzzlebreak Recommendations

A buddy of mine has an older Savage 300WSM. He added a clamp on muzzle break over his non threaded barrel. It works, but not as well as we would like. He still cannot follow thru and stay on target during recoil...

I have a new Savage LRH 7mmRemMag with the factory installed muzzle break. It is simply phenomenal! Muzzle flip and recoil is less than my 257Roberts. I have no problem seeing impacts at 800-950 yards.

Anybody know what design or style the Savage factory muzzle breaks are?
Anybody know if Savage sells them separately?
Any other good recommendations for comparable thread on style muzzle breaks?

Considering building a lightweight 280AI, and while that cartridge alone is not too viscous, a muzzle break would make it far more enjoyable to practice with in a lightweight package...

APA bastard series. Micro bastard blends nicely to a 3b contour, can be tapered for a smaller contour. The little bastard makes a 300 win mag similar to a .223 bolt gun.

I use Muzzle Brakes and More brakes. Nathan has videos of testing his brakes and other brakes. Check them out.

Also check out Precision Armament. They have several styles and bore sizes. I have the M-11 on my precision rig, but they also make some with a more streamlined profile for a sporter rifle. Recoil reduction is incredible and price is less than many others.

If it's for hunting I would suggest a hawkins tank brake or something that doesn't direct the blast towards the shooter. I use a Silencer Co ASR brake on my 338 and it works great.