Muzzlebreak

DANIEL ARNDT

Hello,
I shot my Rem Model 700 .300 WinMag several times without a break and zeroed it at 200 yds. Then I installed a Grizzly Gun works break and when I shot the 200 yd. target it appeared to be 1.5 in. high. Does anyone have any experience with a POI raising that much after installing a break? Thank you in advance for help.

If it didn't happen would be where you should be concerned. Installing one, tightening or loosening one, removing one, adding a wrap of electrical tape to the muzzle, etc... anything that changes harmonics is going to change POI.

Like others said, just rezero. I've thoroughly cleaned a well used brake and had my poi change from removing the carbon build up

Seen it several times and like the previous posts have said u will definelty see shift. Totally normal. I have even had to tweak a load a little just to get back where I need to be with OTB timing just from a simple brake installed! Welcome to the rabbit hole!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.