Muzzlebrake and magnetospeed?

Snowbird

I've recently begun shooting with a brake on my new to me 7mm rem mag. i was able to throw the magnetospeed on for a couple shots to possibly confirm my suspicion. so far i've been using a crude drop chart built off data on factory ammo boxes and now a few reloads. each time i'm coming up well high (.55 mils @450). precision is good with even the factory loads so far. currently i'm reading 100-200fps higher than where i should be (3339fps with factory barnes lrx 139gr). I've had no other signs of high pressure out of the rifle or cases. bolt lift is fine and the primers are not flattened, unlike my tikka t3 that flows the primers flush with even mild loads.

i've been reluctant to shoot with the muzzlebrake and magentospeed on at the same time due to how fragile the MS3 attachments have been with my other rifles. any reason to worry about the unit itself?

will the MS3 read correctly with a muzzlebrake?

should i just be happy this thing shoots and seems to deal well with the excess pressures?

I've put MS's on literally 300 rifles with brakes. No real problems with original bayo's or the newer bayo's and brakes as such when mounted correctly. One note, keep the brake vents at least an inch away from the rubber mounting pad and don't put the straps over the brake and you'll be fine. If you get the rubber pad too close to the brake vents (like directly on them) they can blast away bits of the rubber. If a strap is over the brake vents it'll blow it apart or burn the snot out of it or both.

Works just fine. KEEP THE BRAKE OFF THE BAYO MOUNT. There's a U-shaped notch in the bayo that's specifically meant to be in the blast area.

What you will likely see over the long term is a little blast erosion of the plastic but after >10K rounds shot over mine it's not more than surface effect.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.