Muzzle Breaks

Are you serious? You might want to find out what it means. The message was not even intended for you. I for one would like to be corrected if I have misused a word.
Looking in the order of posts I realize it wasn't meant for me I understand misconstrued means Interpreted incorrectly I just get tired of people seeing incorrect grammar or spelling saying they don't mean to offend anyone but bringing it up anyway It is mostly my phone that cannot spell as I hate typing and speak for text and to say it as politely as possible I am sorry if I offended you for offending me

Looking in the order of posts I realize it wasn't meant for me I understand misconstrued means Interpreted incorrectly I just get tired of people seeing incorrect grammar or spelling saying they don't mean to offend anyone but bringing it up anyway It is mostly my phone that cannot spell as I hate typing and speak for text and to say it as politely as possible I am sorry if I offended you for offending me

You did not offend me, you just misunderstood my best intention.

"Let me also add the last 2 times I have had it taped with green frog tape due to snowy conditions would that contribute ?"
I think this would affect noise level. Would be a good test with and without.
I do not use brakes on my rifles because I dislike the noise more than the recoil.

I'd be all in for a quiet Brake!

"Let me also add the last 2 times I have had it taped with green frog tape due to snowy conditions would that contribute ?"
I think this would affect noise level. Would be a good test with and without.
I do not use brakes on my rifles because I dislike the noise more than the recoil.

I'd be all in for a quiet Brake!
It's called a suppresser lol

Looking at the ports they appear to be larger or perhaps "opened" more which would contribute to perceived sound. The smaller or more narrow the ports the higher pitched frequency it would produce which some may have a harder time hearing. Kind of like a 22-250 having more of a "crack" when shot than a 375 which is more of a "boom".

Prefer felt recoil break due to lack of brake vs hearing break with a brake. If I don't want the felt recoil, change shooting position or change rifle...or add suppressor and/or noise canceling hearing protection. Proper hearing protection can be worn though out entire event; hunting or range.

It's not being a spelling or grammar nazi to offer a correction that gets everyone on the same page with a technical term. It's brake, not break. It slows down (brakes) the flow of muzzle gas by diverting some of it off-axis - it doesn't damage anything. I find it hard to believe that people who can deal with issues like sectional density and ballistic coefficient, secant ogive and the physics of spin drift find it at all difficult to differentiate between something that stops your car at a light and something that stops your car until it's repaired. Do you buy break shoes? Put on the breaks? Don't be thin-skinned about people wanting to see consistent and correct terminology used; give us a brake . . . (;-{>

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.