muzzle brakes...terminator vs csr vs apa little b*

fisherman983

is there any comparison of the terminator vs the others listed? I have read the articles on the precision shooter blog site but nowhere did I see any tests done with the terminator. im considering a brake for my rifle, and leaning towards the csr only because the perceived sound to the shooter is quite a bit less. any help would be appreciated.

By CSR, I'm guessing you mean the Muscle Brake? Hands down choice in my opinion... It's been tested and results show its just as/if not a little more effective than other high end designs that cost 2-3x more. Ryan Pierce can get you hooked up and ready to go with a Muscle Brake, or Len sells them here in the LRH Store.

Good luck with whichever design you choose, you'll be happy with any one of them I believe:D

By CSR, I'm guessing you mean the Muscle Brake? Hands down choice in my opinion... It's been tested and results show its just as/if not a little more effective than other high end designs that cost 2-3x more. Ryan Pierce can get you hooked up and ready to go with a Muscle Brake, or Len sells them here in the LRH Store.

Good luck with whichever design you choose, you'll be happy with any one of them I believe:D

I agree! CSR has the blast tamer design MB (Center Shot Rifles - Products / Sales - Muzzle Brakes). IIRC, Jim See sold the muscle brake line/design (or something like that --- I'm sure they'll correct me accordingly if it's that's inaccurate :rolleyes:) to Ryan Pierce.

Ryan's new Slabbed 5 Port "Muscle" Brake - Piercision Rifles looks pretty awesome from this video ...

[ame]https://youtu.be/2kl5DHAbDoI?t=2[/ame]

Yup, that's correct Feenix, and Ryan has taken the original design and improved it even further... Not to mention the 5 port he recently came out with!

I have the terminator t3 brake on my remington 300 win mag 5r and the brake is amazing. The recoil of the gun is now closer to a 223. I have asked people at the range about excessive noise or blast and they are surprised how mild the noise is even with a metal roof above the bench. I am so happy with it i am going to order one for my rpr in 6.5 creedmoor.

I had Ryan put a 2 port CSR on my 300WM and really took the bite out. Great design and great work by Ryan.

I have a slabbed 4-port Muscle Brake on my 338 RUM and a Terminator T2 on my 300 Win Mag. Both are light rifles and both brakes work great. I personally cannot compare their performance since they are on rifles that create very different levels of recoil, but I am happy with both.

The T2 is much more sleek and lightweight. The Muscle Brake is of course more bulky, but I think a bit less concussion to the shooter because of the 90 degree 1st port.

When I rebarrel my 338 RUM I'll be looking at the T3 and the 5-Port by Ryan Pierce.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.