Muzzle Brake Or Ported Barrel?

Hi i have both and the porting realy only helps with muzzle rise and the dreaks are much better for reducing recoil. The larger the area the gas has as a baffle the beter a break will work but stay away from any with bottom facing ports as they throw up dirt and debris every where when fired off the ground .

Cheers Bill
Australia

hi
if you are involved in stalking on FC (forestry commission) ground then think very carefully about your choice. as i believe it is only a matter of time till you have to use a moderator on FC ground. i have just applied for a lease and the head ranger was giving me the mandatory 1000 questions and one of his questions was.
do you have moderators fitted this is not that important as it is not compulsory yet.

make of this as you will, but i have said for a bit that they are going to be a requirement.
hope this is off some help.
thanks
Colin

I never recommend porting a barrel of a rifle. Brakes are the only way to go in my opinion. Handguns, thats a different story at times.

With a rifle, an add on brake will not reduce any performance levels and will not effect accuracy in any way if the brake is installed properly. Porting a barrel can cause other issues with accuracy and you always loose usible barrel length.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.