Mounting Question...

That's a good question, I'm guessing the alignment for that long of a span would be the biggest challenge as most barrels would still have some taper at the end, that and the fact that a lot of money could potentially go up in smoke in a hurry. Then there's the lawyer/liability issue. That said, I still use a clamp on Kahntrol brake on a 300WSM, it's loud and looks out of place, but the performance is excellent.

That's a good question, I'm guessing the alignment for that long of a span would be the biggest challenge as most barrels would still have some taper at the end, that and the fact that a lot of money could potentially go up in smoke in a hurry. Then there's the lawyer/liability issue. That said, I still use a clamp on Kahntrol brake on a 300WSM, it's loud and looks out of place, but the performance is excellent.
I read an article once where a gunsmith used a pin gauge to check the bore at the muzzle with a clamp on break and it does get tighter where the brake clamped

Thanks for the input. It does seem a a bit dicey tolerance wise but not sure I want to thread my prized companion... This application is for hunting on 35 acre property with known anti hunters adjacent.. looking to minimize noise levels even though rifle hunting is legal in the group of properties... Maybe a new rifle in in order!

Even with a suppressor on most rifles they are still on the noisy side . Not bad compared to no can that's for sure. Depending on your choice of animal and caliber you might be able to run sub- sonic ammo and a can that takes things to a new level of quiet hunting. Ruger 10-22 and a banish 22 with subs is deadly on squirrels. You could hear the impact over the bullet crack .I need a 300 blk for pigs with a can and subs you could really put a hurt on a sounder of hogs and still be pleased.

Buy a new rifle with a threaded barrel. As much as I utterly detest them, Bergara's are cheap, come threaded, and more than good enough for any distance possible on 35 acres. I had one re-done in 338 Federal and it's a hammer. I'll probably replace it in any pictures with an animal because I'm a petty SOB 🤣

That said I also shoot a Rem 700 AAC in 300 BLK that is Hollywood quiet and will send 220gn Maker's like a crossbow. The sub-sonic route is legit, I can't wait to shoot something with my 8.6 Blackout for a comparison.

Last edited: