Gunwerks Six Question

Elkaholic Hunter

Previously Ian Wargo
My Gunwerks Six suppressor just got out of Jail! Excited to go shoot it, but I was surprised when I threaded it on my rifle that It only went 7 turns before bottoming out (Because the threads start recessed a ways into the adapter nut) . I have a fierce 7 rem mag threaded 1/2 28 so I have a 1/4" of bite on the adapter. Fierce said I should be fine shooting suppressed. One guy at Gunwereks Said I would be fine the other said I need to be careful shooting anything more than 6.5 PRC with 1/2 28 threads. I have a hard time believing 1/2 28 is not enough but I was thinking I'd have more than a 1/4" of purchase... Anyone shooting a supresssed magnum with 1/2 28 or any gunsmiths or machinists that could shed light as to whether I'll be fine. If you have firsthand experience or are an expert in the field please give me your $.02. Bags are packed to go to the range tomorrow but wondering if I need to talk to the companies again first. Thanks

Your threads should be fine. I think the question is if your suppressor is braced against the shoulder of the barrel or the adapter shoulder? Of it's hanging out half way down the threads and not shouldered them I would have doubts about shooting it. IMHO

Your threads should be fine. I think the question is if your suppressor is braced against the shoulder of the barrel or the adapter shoulder? Of it's hanging out half way down the threads and not shouldered them I would have doubts about shooting it. IMHO
No it's shouldered against the barrel like it should be.
image.jpg

I bought the Gunwerks 6" and 8". They seem very loud to me. I would think they would do a better job.

I am not a machinist, so can't help you there, but would assume it would be fine since it's against the barrel as it should. Been messing with my 8ight for a few weeks now and it's a great can. I'm sure you'll enjoy the 6ix.

Thanks all, first trip to the range was a success, no issues. I figured everything would be fine but I tried to order a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 with 1/2 28 threads for my 7 mag and they said no way you'll blow it off the end of the gun... So I was second guessing things a little, but no issues

If it's going to stay on the host rifle I would make sure to torque it to spec and check it regularly. There is a thread lock for suppressors if it's going to stay on one host rifle too....Rocksett...

If it gets loose, with so few threads you will get a strike for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.