Mountain Tactical/tikkaperformance.com rebarrel?

midnightmalloy

Has anyone used Mountain Tactical (tikka precision.com) out of Montana to rebarrel any of your rifles/tikkas? I have a 595 that I want rebarreled to 6.5 creedmoor and their prices seem fair.

Also does anyone know who they use for their barrel manufacturer?

Thanks

Many gunsmiths can rebarrel Tikkas they just have to be able to cut metric threads, and probably cut a relief in front the receiver ring to get the barrel off easy. So ask what barrel manufacture they use and if it is not one to your liking find someone else, there are lots of 'smiths out there that can excellent barrel installs.

Many gunsmiths can rebarrel Tikkas they just have to be able to cut metric threads, and probably cut a relief in front the receiver ring to get the barrel off easy. So ask what barrel manufacture they use and if it is not one to your liking find someone else, there are lots of 'smiths out there that can excellent barrel installs.

Yes I understand this and have built many custom rifles. I'm just trying to get some feedback on this company and if anyone has had work done by them and knows what type of barrels they are using.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.