More bullet testing with video

Ya have to love the J-4 jackets. In 90% of all chamberings, the J-4 is a great jacket. Put them in a 7mm AM and in most cases you have bird shot. It certainly takes a special bullet to get extreme BC and also allow the 7mm AM to reach its full velocity potential.

Yes, just 5 short years ago you took the first production 7mm AM home. Its been a crazy ride since then. I think there has been about 10 years of work and playing packed into those 5 years. I often wonder what the next 5 will bring!!!!

Yes, just 5 short years ago you took the first production 7mm AM home. Its been a crazy ride since then. I think there has been about 10 years of work and playing packed into those 5 years. I often wonder what the next 5 will bring!!!!
I would imagine the next 5 will bring some more of the same. You keep adding new cartridges, rifles, actions etc. and I'd guess that the names will change but the ideas behind them will stay the same

Who knows, maybe you and Becky can have another addition to the family so that Kenzie will have somebody to play with. :):D:)

Yup, Mt. Rainier in the background isn't too shabby.

I haven't heard anything about the elk situation and unless I heard it from a personal friend I wouldn't believe anything the game department here said. All they know how to do is raise the prices, cut the seasons as much as possible and make as many excuses as they can.

I went to one of their meetings and left before it was over. It's a waste of time to say anything because all you're talking to is a degree hanging on the wall and a bunch of idiots that couldn't manage 2 goats in a 5 acre field of clover. If they tried the goats would be dead and the clover would be brown but they would still tell us how great it is and still sell us licenses and tags to hunt the "goats" and then look for us to be happy with the resulting game populations, seasons and environment.:cool:

Like I've said before, I know what it was like when my dad hunted, I know what it was like when I was young and I know what it is like now. I'm talking about areas not altered by population changes in any way. My thoughts about the two goats was being very generous to their abilities. :)

I rant and rave and carry on about the so called game department but I still buy the licenses and tags because I still love to go on the "hunt" whether I get anything or not and I will take any excuse I can to get out "amongst the critters":)

If there are problems with the calves and possible elk herd numbers as a result, I just hope they surprise us and do something smart, but I don't set my expectations too high.:)

ss7mm,

Take a look at this regarding elk forecasts for 2010 in the Yakima area:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/prospects/files/2010/district08.pdf

Not at all what the areas elk bio told me awhile ago re above posts... And yet, the cow tags ARE way down. I'm a little confused...it's enough to just make you throw your hands in the air...

I've seen about an average amount of deer and elk this summer so I guess I'll just wait and see what the seasons bring.

They say this species is down and that species is down but this one might be up. The whole thing is a numbers game based on somebody's interpretation of their "data" which, at best, is a guesstimate. You can get different numbers depending on which individual's report you are reading.

I know there was at least one buck and one bear in the state but some lucky hunter took both of them so maybe the rest of us are just out of luck. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.