Montour County Rifles .300 Win Mag

Kevin Cram

I just finished up a .300 Win Mag for "Trueblue". Specs are a Stiller Predator action, Rock barrel chambered in .300 Win Mag, DE Brake, HS Precision Stock and a Jewel Trigger. Everything turned out well and I'm sure Jim will be pleased.

JimHurst300WinMag2.jpg

Handsome looking rifle!

Kevin would you be tell me what that weighs out at, and what is the barrel contour and finish length?

Is the barrel one fo the 5-groove barrels with canted lands like the 5R Rem? I am thinking about a project just like this one. I'll be interested to see how this combo shoots.

The rifle weighs 8 lbs. 3 oz. with no scope and no bi-pod. The barrel contour is a #4 I believe and it is a 6 groove. All the parts were supplied by the customer so hopefully I listed them correctly.

I have not recieved the rifle yet, but I must commend Kevin on getting it built in the time frame we had talked about. I will report how it shoots later, but I am sure it will shoot great. Thanks Kevin.

Last edited:
Congratulations, that is one very sweet looking rifle!!!
Hope it shoots as good as it looks, keep us posted.

Update:
Started to break the barrel in this weekend. Shot 82gr Retumbo with 190 Berger's on the lands. Got a little over 3000fps with 1/2" group. Only shot 5 rounds due to time. The rifle seems to have potential to be a shooter.
Should end up weighing about 10 pounds with a scope on it.

I needed to post this pic, to give credit to Kevin Cram / Montour County Rifles for building an accurate rifle. This is a target I just shot today at 100 yards, after doing a box and a verticle travel test on my Nightforce 2.5x10-32mm scope. I share the range with other guys, so I taped over the used target and then shot this 3 shot group. The load was 190gr Berger and 82gr of Retumbo at 3000fps. I don't know if I could repeat this performance, but the rifle sure is capable. Shot this rifle last weekend at 525 and 630 yards, and when I took my ATV to the steel plate, both rounds were touching. Didn't take a pic as I had no camera,and even if I did, I don't think anyone would beleive it. I didn't beleive it myself.

Anyway, kudos to Kevin for building an accurate rifle.
IMG_1100.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts