Montana x-bows illegal

But then he wouldn't be special! He needs to be special! 😂
I know a guy that said to me not long ago (his brother owns a guide service that goes into the Bob - of course I asked if they had a spare horse) "why would I archery hunt; I can go into the Bob and start rifle hunting on the 15 of September". I still need to find someone that I can hitch a ride with to do that at least one time. I have another friend that has a small plane that could fly us into the Great Bear, I'd really like to do that at some point too. Heading out in September with a bulge tube and a rifle would almost seem unfair.

I know a guy that said to me not long ago (his brother owns a guide service that goes into the Bob - of course I asked if they had a spare horse) "why would I archery hunt; I can go into the Bob and start rifle hunting on the 15 of September". I still need to find someone that I can hitch a ride with to do that at least one time. I have another friend that has a small plane that could fly us into the Great Bear, I'd really like to do that at some point too. Heading out in September with a bulge tube and a rifle would almost seem unfair.
Helicopter is better than a plane you don't need nearly as much room to land and take off

Helicopter is better than a plane you don't need nearly as much room to land and take off
Landing a helicopter just anywhere in the Wilderness area is illegal (aside from the airstrip), the plane is allowed on the Schafer Meadows airstrip that is big enough for the plane, plus he has a plane not a helicopter.

in Montana x-bows are illegal to hunt with during the archery season for everyone . as a handi -cap person with a valid doctor permit for Montana i still am not allowed to use a x-bow during archery season. i did purchase a draw lock system for my compound bow but that is very difficult to carry in the mountains and the draw lock is legal in Montana but its a real joke for a handi -cap person to carry and use. Montana bowhunters association is against people with a disability ,i wonder if that is even legal in America to be against handi-cap people like that ? any attorneys out there ? it might be some easy money ?
Now, you may have a point there! It is a crime to discriminate against a disabled person..........and that is CLEARLY DISCRIMINATION!!!!
A disability attorney could tell ya quick, fast, and in a hurry the answer to the question.

I understand the views of some of the posts to how ya feel to leave the rule in place.
But try being disabled for just one week and see how it goes.
Those that are disabled have to do it the rest of their lives, those that
love to hunt shouldn't be penalized, in any state........JMHO

I understand the views of some of the posts to how ya feel to leave the rule in place.
They can use a x-bow during the rifle season.

They can already be used 300 days a year in MT. The PMTAE has been challenged already in court and was determined to meet requirements for ADA compliance, it doesn't discriminate against anyone.

I say make crossbows legal. My young granddaughter used on this year to take her first archery deer.

In the past I was one of those die hard traditional bow hunters. Hunted with a recurve and longbow. You know, "real archery tackle"…

I no longer feel that way. Some of you need to lighten up. I know people who are passionate about hunting, especially with archery gear. Some of those people will likely never be extremely proficient due to gender, strength, and age with verticals archery gear. A crossbow would make perfect sense for them.

I shoot a compound now, but at one point thought I was gonna have to switch to crossbow due to some severe joint issues.

If we took the principles of archery and applied it to guns, none of us would be using modern scoped tack driving bolt action rifles. We'd be using something less efficient, etc.

Our forefathers woulda loved to be able to use any and all of the equipment we have available to us in our modern era.

Like I said before on this post,if it was legal to use a crossbow so the woods would be full of people with crossbows!
Another thing about this guy,if he is so disabled how is he going to be able to take care of an elk if he kills one.?
Too many elk are wasted by bow hunters now(not finding the elk before it spoils)