Montana is not suited for wusses ...

Here's some frosty pictures for those who don't get to see things like this. You'll never see this kind of weird rainbow-ish halo ring around the sun until it's downright properly cold out. as you can see from the one taken inside the van, the defroster was struggling to keep up…

1705267243546.jpeg

And below is a picture my aunt sent me from Weyburn, Saskatchewan, right near the border, not far north of North Dakota.
1705267206990.jpeg

And finally, in hotel we stayed in last night in Saskatoon….the frost was growing ON THE DANG HEATER in the room! 🤣

1705267486377.jpeg

Here's some frosty pictures for those who don't get to see things like this. You'll never see this kind of weird rainbow-ish halo ring around the sun until it's downright properly cold out. as you can see from the one taken inside the van, the defroster was struggling to keep up…

View attachment 532579
And below is a picture my aunt sent me from Weyburn, Saskatchewan, right near the border, not far north of North Dakota.
View attachment 532578
And finally, in hotel we stayed in last night in Saskatoon….the frost was growing ON THE DANG HEATER in the room! 🤣

View attachment 532581
Sun dogs!

Wussy. Here in Craig Colorado we get those kind of temps without windchill. Been awhile but it -60 in the 80's. It's always fun when it's -50 for a low and high of -35🥶
I remember in the 70s when we had below zero for weeks in row. The high would finally hit zero and everyone was outside in shortsleeve shirts.
Kids nowadays have no idea....
God, do I feel old saying that!?

It is interesting how people adapt to the extremes. I was whining a bit on a woods walk with the dog a minute ago. It's 25 degrees. My daughter heard we are getting some snow over the next couple of days here. She just jumped in her car to drive from Atlanta to play with us in the snow. A fun treat for us southern folks is a several months reality for many on here.

It is interesting how people adapt to the extremes. I was whining a bit on a woods walk with the dog a minute ago. It's 25 degrees. My daughter heard we are getting some snow over the next couple of days here. She just jumped in her car to drive from Atlanta to play with us in the snow. A fun treat for us southern folks is a several months reality for many on here.
We're actually bummed how little snow we've received. Kinda depressing actually. We get -35F and a little skiff of snow. Really Mother Nature? Drop the bottle and get to work biotch!!

I remember in the 70s when we had below zero for weeks in row. The high would finally hit zero and everyone was outside in shortsleeve shirts.
Kids nowadays have no idea....
God, do I feel old saying that!?
I remember that.
We were having what they called freeze quakes, lots of snow and weeks below zero.