Eureka, Montana

I spent some time there and loved the town. I lived in the Blue Stem motel...don't ask...
Traveled between Eureka and Howard which is just a bit south. Prefer Eureka over Howard, but that's just me.

I've killed a few bucks in the 160's with my bow in the Eureka are, and hunted for a 200" that I could just never connect with? Have him on film, just not on the ground. Had trespass rights on some of the best hunting areas owned by the most prominent oil family in the area.

If you find Eureka too cold in the winter time or too populated at just a tad over 1,000 residents, you might consider ...

1106110933b.jpg

:cool::):D

Last edited:
I'm probably biased but Eureka is a great place to live. All my mothers family live up there and I spent alot of time there. If you want a traditional place then there you go, and they have a Subway, so you can get yer big city fast food fix. We never spend much time in town because the camping, hunting, fishing and hillbillying is so much more fun out of town.

They didn't have a Subway when I was there, must have upgraded from the McDonald's at the end of town..:rolleyes:

Hey Ed~ is the Jersey Lilly still in Ingomar? Yep, been there too..:cool:

I have been in Montague quite a bit, used to run cows with a guy that had pasture up there so we had to roundup, vac and ship a lot of calves outta there. Funny thing is the thing that made the biggest impression on me was the shear number of porcupines around there. I have never seen so many claves with quills, we were constantly catching and pulling them, I still have the pair of bullnose Gerbers I got just for the task.

Also been in the Jersey Lilly, it's been a few years but we were staying on a ranch out of Hysham, (another little town closer to Billings) and one night we wound up going to Sidney (a place to be avoided like the plague) and bringing a pickup load of girls back to the Jersey Lilly with us all night then somehow winding up back were we belonged eventually. Think most of us must have been something like 16-17 at the time. I surely do love eastern Montana, shame the oil is taking it to hell in a hurry.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.