Montana is not suited for wusses ...

And yes, you get used to it or adapt. Being born here and having grown up with this being normal makes all the difference. And good grief the kids are tough! It doesn't seem to bother them like it does adults, I see that at the school picking my own boys up, the adults are clutching themselves and hunching up in their jackets as small as they can make themselves and visibly uncomfortable on those -30 type days typical of January in this province. The kids are running around on the playground unbothered, they couldn't care less! Every now and then i have to give them 💩 for not keeping their toque and mitts on!!! 🤣

A doctor in town here gave me heck for not wearing proper winter boots on time when I had an appointment, and I said it wasn't that cold yet. He laughed and said "ah yes, you were born here….my son is the same way!"

This doctor was originally from South Africa, so winter in Saskatchewan is something he has had a very hard time making peace with haha. But his son was born here and is no different than "the rest of us"
Yeah it is not uncommon to see kids in shorts when it is 0 or above when the sun is shining. Not something I would do but- whatever.

And yes, you get used to it or adapt. Being born here and having grown up with this being normal makes all the difference. And good grief the kids are tough! It doesn't seem to bother them like it does adults, I see that at the school picking my own boys up, the adults are clutching themselves and hunching up in their jackets as small as they can make themselves and visibly uncomfortable on those -30 type days typical of January in this province. The kids are running around on the playground unbothered, they couldn't care less! Every now and then i have to give them 💩 for not keeping their toque and mitts on!!! 🤣

A doctor in town here gave me heck for not wearing proper winter boots on time when I had an appointment, and I said it wasn't that cold yet. He laughed and said "ah yes, you were born here….my son is the same way!"

This doctor was originally from South Africa, so winter in Saskatchewan is something he has had a very hard time making peace with haha. But his son was born here and is no different than "the rest of us"
My neighbor brought his buddy out with him that trip. WV boy- built his own rifle. Like made a lot of the parts. He's a pretty amazing guy- his whole family back there is (I knew them as well). He brought this monster- a .338 Lapua and it weighed OVER 20lbs. He had dual shoulder straps for this thing. Me and my Montana buddy were like "Jeffie- that's a heckofa rig, but you gonna be able to carry that thing? We're gonna be logging in some boot time here.." Yeah so that lasted a few days when the snow and snow fog and wind kicked in, lol. He started carrying his dad's old Weatherby, lol.

They'd never seen hoar frost, never been exposed to below zero temps... They did well though.

This is Jeffie with his monster rifle, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_3336.JPG
    IMG_3336.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 32
My neighbor brought his buddy out with him that trip. WV boy- built his own rifle. Like made a lot of the parts. He's a pretty amazing guy- his whole family back there is (I knew them as well). He brought this monster- a .338 Lapua and it weighed OVER 20lbs. He had dual shoulder straps for this thing. Me and my Montana buddy were like "Jeffie- that's a heckofa rig, but you gonna be able to carry that thing? We're gonna be logging in some boot time here.." Yeah so that lasted a few days when the snow and snow fog and wind kicked in, lol. He started carrying his dad's old Weatherby, lol.

They'd never seen hoar frost, never been exposed to below zero temps... They did well though.

I've seen WWII combat vessels with smaller weaponry! 🤔 memtb

Last edited:

Whatever about the gun….he appears to be licking snow off a barbed wire fence!! 🤣

Last edited:
temps/forecast for NC where I am, have improved. 19 for temps with single digit wind chill. That is cold enough for me, but I will be out in it all weekend. Hope you guys up in Big Sky Country stay warm.

Darn this global warming. Proof right there that the libtards have it nailed.

We have survived the worst part here in Central Texas. It was 10° yesterday morning but has crepped up to 75° now......more like normal winter Temps!

The ambient temp here outside Buffalo WY early this morn was -39. Calling for -50 wind chills.
I think our high yesterday was -14... but we had more wind where I was (headed to Billings). Sure was nippy out.🥴
I need to correct this. Wife gave me the weather info that morning. 🥴 I believe we were in the -24 deg ambient and -39 wind chill that particular day... with up to minus 50 wind chills expected.