Montana CCW

Hugnot

This bill has been processed by and finally passed by the Montana Senate and is now on Governor Gianforte's desk for signature. I emailed the Gov.

Essentially this bill allows permit-less CCW by those permitted to own firearms. Approval/disapproval was apparently done on party lines with the Democrats voting no.

We are really olde and going thru a formal permit process including fingerprints, payment of fees, waiting at the permit site, parking, and navigating city hall would put us at risk for COVID19 - almost a certain death sentence at our age.

This bill is sort of a beacon of light in the usual dark tunnel of government/bureaucratic over-reach to stifle our inalienable rights for self-defense.

Last edited:

Montana'eer

When I first got my CCW I think it took less than 2 weeks to have it all approved. The wait time to have the initial appointment with L&C Sherriff's was long though. The renewal process was even simpler. Got an appointment, dropped off my renewal paperwork and was handed a new card in less than 10minutes. Never even had to take my mask off.