NY CCW law held to be unconstitutional

DudeBro

For anyone following the litigation re: the NY CCW application requirements, SCOTUS just issued its opinion in Bruen.

The Court held: "New York's proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms in public for self-defense."

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf

For anyone following the litigation re: the NY CCW application requirements, SCOTUS just issued its opinion in Bruen.

The Court held: "New York's proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms in public for self-defense."

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-843_7j80.pdf
So how did this work for us…. 42 pages of new laws are being signed as I type this… I'm on your side obviously but are we better off than before, and the answer is no, read the new laws, 42 pages, and let me know what you think, at this point I am trying to stay positive but it's not looking good at the moment..

So how did this work for us…. 42 pages of new laws are being signed as I type this… I'm on your side obviously but are we better off than before, and the answer is no, read the new laws, 42 pages, and let me know what you think, at this point I am trying to stay positive but it's not looking good at the moment..
Although these legislative proposals will place many restrictions, there will still be an easier pathway to CCW than under the old law. And, many of the proposed restrictions will almost certainly be held to be unconstitutional due to no historical analogue (training, exam, prohibition in all of Times Square..)

Although these legislative proposals will place many restrictions, there will still be an easier pathway to CCW than under the old law. And, many of the proposed restrictions will almost certainly be held to be unconstitutional due to no historical analogue (training, exam, prohibition in all of Times Square..)
Well I'm not as optimistic… after 23 years of having a restricted carry permit I fail to see how any of this will benefit me, like you I was super excited a week ago, now not so much, I can guarantee anybody that already had a full carry permit is definitely not happy, this of course is my opinion based on the 43 pages of new "expected" laws, I hope and prey most of it gets tossed, then maybe I will change my mind, as it stands right now this is a complete **** show. If you hear anything new that is definitive please post a link, thanks!