Montana Bob Marshall Wilderness Area early season rifle hunt

Yeah, I got my wolf tag in the mail the other day, kind of strange it has 4 (not 5, but 4 kill tags attached to it)

. Good luck this fall!

Thanks man and best of luck to you too!!

I read what you shared in this post, then reading on to "Season Limits" is where I found this statement.

"Five wolves can be taken by means of hunting each with a valid wolf license"

Now I am totally confused. So I will be making a call to FWP to get a straight answer. Don't get me wrong man. I want you to shoot every one you see. Just would be a tragedy to get sited over a stinkin dead wolf.

Jeff

Thanks man and best of luck to you too!!

I read what you shared in this post, then reading on to "Season Limits" is where I found this statement.

"Five wolves can be taken by means of hunting each with a valid wolf license"

Now I am totally confused. So I will be making a call to FWP to get a straight answer. Don't get me wrong man. I want you to shoot every one you see. Just would be a tragedy to get sited over a stinkin dead wolf.

Jeff

Yea, let me know what they have to say. Only thing I can figure is that they are going under the assumption that it is unlikely that anyone will shoot 5 before the 24 hour limit expires to check in and they will issue the final kill tag when you check in with your "first four"? Like I said I think it is VERY optimistic to think that having "ONLY 4" kill tags is going to be an issue....just thought it was odd and a little arbitrary to print in regs that it was legal to take 5, then send out 4 kill tags!

Used to do a good bit of hunting in the Bob, usually entering in over by the Scape Goats. Good luck to ya and have one hell of a good time! :)

Rex

Used to do a good bit of hunting in the Bob, usually entering in over by the Scape Goats. Good luck to ya and have one hell of a good time! :)

Rex

Thank ya sir, and we **** sure are going to do that! This will be our first venture into the Bob, chomping at the bit! 15 days and a wake up before I fly out of here!gun)

Before I wrecked my back, I used to hunt that place like crazy early in the season before the snow got too deep. I even had a special built rifle just for hunting off horseback. It was a Remington 700 titanium action with a ER Shaw barrel that was 18" plus a nice muzzle break chambered in .300 WSM with a 1-4 Leupold. The rifle bit on both end.

Posted pictures! Whether you are successful or not!:)

Before I wrecked my back, I used to hunt that place like crazy early in the season before the snow got too deep. I even had a special built rifle just for hunting off horseback. It was a Remington 700 titanium action with a ER Shaw barrel that was 18" plus a nice muzzle break chambered in .300 WSM with a 1-4 Leupold. The rifle bit on both end.

Posted pictures! Whether you are successful or not!:)

I bet it did have a "bite" to it! I will post pics for sure, I am excited to see the Chinese Wall and Needle Falls and whatever else that country has to offer, harvesting some game will just be icing on the cake! There will be lots of pictures! That is how I get through the year working in the heat down here in Vegas, looking at the pictures from the last hunt and looking forward to the next outing!:D

Getting ready to roll out tomorrow to Montana. Good luck you on all your adventures this fall!

If I see ya at all I'll see ya in the fall!!!:D

Good luck and have fun

Thank you sir, I **** sure am going to enjoy my time in that country, if we are successful, that will just be icing on the cake, have always wanted to see that country and have tried to get this trip set up a few times only to have it fall through for one reason or another, going to be amazing to finally see some of that country!:cool:

The Chinese wall will take your breath away. It is awesome to look at. It takes on a different look through all times of the day as the angle of the sun changes. You will have a great time.

Show us pic when you get back.

Steve

The Chinese wall will take your breath away. It is awesome to look at. It takes on a different look through all times of the day as the angle of the sun changes. You will have a great time.

Show us pic when you get back.

Steve

I am going to be taking lots of pics! Looking forward to seeing it!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.