moly coated bullets or not?

Never did any bullets myself in moly. I hear and read that cleaning moly from a bore is quite the chore, however. I also hear and read that a lot of experienced shooters ONLY use moly coated bullets because the barrels last so much longer.

My thing is this: if you look at a fired/recovered moly coated bullet, you can see copper jacket showing clearly where the lands press into the jacket, and you can see copper stripes down the center of where the bearing surface contacts the grooves. SOOOO, if the benefits of moly are finished by the time the bullet is an inch or so into the barrel, what good is it? Does it make a difference all the way down the bore? I don't know.

I've considered using ONLY moly bullets in one of my 6.5x284 rifles just to compare it to another that will never see a moly coated bullet.

I'm also curious about Danzac coating and the black lubalox Winchester uses.
Been using Molly for years my 65x284 norma that I load fairly hot would normally be done in 1000 or 1100 rounds they now go 1600 rounds so yes it helps with barrel wear and also heat and I've never had a problem with moisture like so many people talk about and it's kind of strange. They mention moisture I use the wet method to apply the Molly!
653B2383-3140-4C03-BBC4-ABF5BCD07D3F.jpeg

There certainly are benefits to moly coated bullets. Especially if you are concerned about barrel life. This is something that I've never really worried about because I don't mind the cost of getting a new barrel installed and reworking loads. I don't shoot enough right now to be overly concerned that my barrel will be "shot out" in the next decade or longer. I have too many rifles to worry about that. Plus I have a few extra barrels sitting in my safe with a nice film of oil to protect them and they will store longer than I can live anyway.

If I ever do shoot out a barrel, I will replace it. I don't have the time or interest to learn to coat bullets with moly and I don't want to rely on the market to always have what I need ready to sell when the time comes to order coated bullets.
Don't buy them coat them yourself. It's very cheap and very simple look up the wet method.

That post was made 13 years ago. I'm guessing he's got things figured out by now. LOL

I saw this in the feed and clicked on it quick as I could to see what the date was from. Actually kind of surprised it was from 2010 and not 5 years earlier than that... boron nitride was so 2010, 2003 wants its moly back and 99's Teflon says hi...