Modify or sell?

That Northland site is amazing, I've spoken with the guy that runs it, they typically have anything you need, my first rifle, he just sold me the action, stock and trigger, I went custom barrel after that. I had a gunsmith that was dropped shipped the receiver, he had a barrel guy. It was worth it, but I was just starting out, now, I'd get a barrel wrench and gauges and buy direct from Northland. Good stuff...

Thanks. It was fun to do, starting with the black, then applying some tape in random lines and curves. Each successive color followed more tape. During the process I could only see one solid color at a time, and only found out what it would look like when the last color was dry and I could begin peeling off the tape. Certainly you won't find another that looks exactly like it...

Painting a stock will be my next project, I need a stock for my win70 300 wsm conversion. Hard to find composite, but I just checked Boyd's and they have a laminate model unfinished. What kind of paint could I put on it that will hold?

Mine is Krylon from the hardeware store, with a couple coats of clear over top the colors to protect them. I have put 350 rounds through the new barrel, and probably 250 through the factory tube before that, carried it two weeks in deer season, so far all I see is a couple nicks where the ejecting cases seem to bounce off the side.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.