Safe buying and selling?

I've bought a few rifles off the forum , and they all were perfect transactions . I sent the payment to the seller , and a few days later my FFL was calling me . smooth as silk .

I sold a guy 2 sleeves of bullets . I was sent a pic showing the box got damaged , and was told one sleeve of bullets was missing . I refunded the money for the missing bullets . I felt I was responsible for getting the bullets to him , so I took the hit .

so now if we're talking thousands of dollars for a rifle , this brings me to ask ;
if a seller ships a rifle , and it gets damaged in shipping , who gets stuck with the damaged rifle ? or if the rifle gets lost , who is out the money ?

I've bought a few rifles off the forum , and they all were perfect transactions . I sent the payment to the seller , and a few days later my FFL was calling me . smooth as silk .

I sold a guy 2 sleeves of bullets . I was sent a pic showing the box got damaged , and was told one sleeve of bullets was missing . I refunded the money for the missing bullets . I felt I was responsible for getting the bullets to him , so I took the hit .

so now if we're talking thousands of dollars for a rifle , this brings me to ask ;
if a seller ships a rifle , and it gets damaged in shipping , who gets stuck with the damaged rifle ? or if the rifle gets lost , who is out the money ?
Insurance.
I've had to make claims with UPS, FedEx and USPS for damaged goods and all have paid without any hassle.

Insurance.
I've had to make claims with UPS, FedEx and USPS for damaged goods and all have paid without any hassle.
I've had that success too, but I had a gunsmith tell me he didn't think they would pay.

Maybe guntab or other escrow service can help you. It's mainly used on gunbroker and gunsamerica, but I think it can be used outside of those platforms.